• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear have the license to use the Aero Label

Roughwear

Gents,
From a thread on the FL. Excellent news. :)
John from Good Wear here. I've actually been working with Ken Calder of Aero for a license agreement, starting about two months ago. I've gotten one set of labels done, the Aero 18775 contract, and the first sample can be seen here:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/new_aero_18775/

I hope to have more labels made, which Aero and GW will share, including the B-3, B-6 and D-1 labels, and a few A-2 models.

I feel very happy to have been offered the license, and thank Ken for doing that.

This Aero above is a new pattern, too. I have had an original for a long time that I've been meaning to copy, and this is a slightly different design than the previous version. From ten feet away, no one would know the difference, but it is slightly different.

Thanks!
John

ausreenactor

Can't find the post on FL? Is it in Outerwear? Keen to see the response from a heavily 'Aero' crowd..

Couchy

ausreenactor

As long as the label maker is full steam ahead. Without the 'centre of gravity' in the reproduction A-2 industry, it is dead in the water..

DiamondDave

ausreenactor said:
Ken is certainly the hero here. Well played Sir, well played!

Couchy

Interesting...

Ken is the Hero here?? Not sure that I understand this sentiment, in the least unless it is purely meant to be contrary.

John has a VERY long history of providing guidance, wisdom and even some of his trade secrets, to many of us in the repro industry in general, so to my
way of thinking, the Hero here is indeed JC. While I am loathe to come off as just another sycophant this should be mentioned...

While Ken happens to own a trademark, John has volunteered much of his hard-won knowledge, even to a much older company such as Aero. He has offered up contacts for
FAR more than just labels. And yes, while he will enjoy an ability to use an original company name, he will also have to pay for this privilege in both products as well as actual monies
changing hands... thus just another revenue stream for Aero, who does not have to DO anything. This all done, to go just one more step further toward that ultimate "REPRO" item that
a Good Wear has become.

I feel that these generalities and vilifications have gotten a bit old, and that at least some of this needs to be stomped on.

Though JC will never blow his own horn, it is time for those of us who have been helped by this very gracious and generous individual to take a stand and say ENOUGH already.

DD

CBI

I don't know any details at all, have not talked to John in quite some time. Perhaps this is another step towards a "stock" model made by an apprentice available for immediate purchase instead of the 20 month wait? I am just guessing. Any time I have heard about an "off the shelf" GW available for immediate purchase, its always been an Aero contract. Totally guessing..........

I wish everyone the best of success!

foster

Encouraging news indeed! It is good to see the fruits of cooperation among these jacket makers. I commend John and Ken both, and I look forward to seeing the new Goodwear Aero jackets.

ButteMT61

DiamondDave said:
ausreenactor said:
Ken is certainly the hero here. Well played Sir, well played!

Couchy

Interesting...

Ken is the Hero here?? Not sure that I understand this sentiment, in the least unless it is purely meant to be contrary.

John has a VERY long history of providing guidance, wisdom and even some of his trade secrets, to many of us in the repro industry in general, so to my
way of thinking, the Hero here is indeed JC. While I am loathe to come off as just another sycophant this should be mentioned...

While Ken happens to own a trademark, John has volunteered much of his hard-won knowledge, even to a much older company such as Aero. He has offered up contacts for
FAR more than just labels. And yes, while he will enjoy an ability to use an original company name, he will also have to pay for this privilege in both products as well as actual monies
changing hands... thus just another revenue stream for Aero, who does not have to DO anything. This all done, to go just one more step further toward that ultimate "REPRO" item that
a Good Wear has become.

I feel that these generalities and vilifications have gotten a bit old, and that at least some of this needs to be stomped on.

Though JC will never blow his own horn, it is time for those of us who have been helped by this very gracious and generous individual to take a stand and say ENOUGH already.

DD

Nice post, DD. Only one that doesn't sound like some troll looking for a fight.

Link. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...the-Highwayman-name-from-Lewis-Leathers/page4

havocpaul

Yes, good on Ken to do this. Just to remember too, Ken has been making and designing leather clothing since the 1960's and repro A-2's since the early 1980's. This is just about allowing John to use the Aero name which is a good agreement and hopefully benefits everyone.

ButteMT61

So does this make the GW "Acme" jackets more collectible? Seems it might end up some day having the same unique appeal that other "can't get it any more" stuff does?