• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear, Good Wear, Good Wear, Good Wear

A

Anonymous

Right, that caught your eyes didn't it ? !! Guaranteed to get a read if I write 'Good Wear' in the title aren't I ? :lol: :lol:

It's been mooted before and I'd like to raise it again: can we have a seperate topic for Good Wear PLEASE ???

Dave :ugeek:

better duck

Topic: This one can be it, if we all treat it like that; a separate board would maybe be better, but then we would have to have one for each of the repromakers, BR, ELC, ALC etc. For now I'll post a few of my pics of my two GW's in this thread.

better duck

My Dubow 27798 when brand new, just out of the box. Size 46, Russet GS:

GWDubowmetventstaand1.jpg

GWDubowmetventstaand3.jpg

GWDubowmetventzittend1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Peter,
You are quite correct : A seperate BOARD is what I meant.

However, maybe teh previous GW threads could be moved there rather than getting everyone who has a GW posting previously published things again......................

Nice jacket by the way ;)

Dave

better duck

My GW Aero 16160 size 46 in HH, brand new, just out of the box; waterdrops are from spraying with hot water as the start of the Hot Water Treatment, without any wringing done: Just in time I remembered that you guys want a view of the unspoilt jacket:

IMG_2787A.jpg

IMG_2792A.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
JACKET_ HEAD said:
Right, that caught your eyes didn't it ? !!:

Well it did, Dave .... not often you see it spelt correctly. :p

But you can see what's going to happen now .... yes, you've just started yet another one. :D

A

Anonymous

I know David, I know. :) Just seems to my ordered mind that Good wear needs a home of it's own now. You might say that so does ELC and BR. Especially as repro nylon is lumped in with 'real' nylon. Same with cloth. Posts on originals of any material are now the miority.

This forum has become more about repros than originals - certainly in terms of number of postes generated - maybe the boards should reflect this ??

I'm only chucking this into the forum to generate some discussion on the issue.

No doubt I'll cop it in the neck from the usual suspects :(

Peter: you have got everything right apart from the watch. You now need to divert some of the money you will be using to buy your 29th GW towards a good aviator watch of some description ;) I like the BR chinos BTW. I have 2 pairs and they are the nuts ! Worth every penny.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
JACKET_ HEAD said:
I know David, I know. :) Just seems to my ordered mind that Good wear needs a home of it's own now.

Well it would instantly be more successful than that Flight Simulators / Flight Training section, taking up space on the index page, with a total of 6 posts.

On the other hand, it could soon become like the giant Irvin thread on the hat forum ..... a maze in black paper, people were getting lost, didn't they have to shut it down?

Okay, it might be Urban Legend, but I heard that there are still two, or three hat members trapped inside.

rich

David, I always liked that Irvin thread. Its random, rambling nature gave it a lot of appeal, to me anyway. I still like to read it, despite the recent 'gentlemen vs. players' overtones, but now I have to scroll around looking for the 2 halves, where once there was a whole. No hardship I know, but unless there are server issues I'm blissfully ignorant about, I don't really see why they did it or why it's better this way.
I will spare a thought for the tragic incarcerated though, doomed for all time, trapped amongst the great Irvin imponderables, to wit, how did Andrew Swatland manage to collect most of the world's Irvin jackets in only one lifetime ........ :D

jacketimp

free rides free rides

free rides on the GW carousel..............choose you own horses....du bow......aero.....lalala

optional: your battlecry:

heeeeeya

greeeeata

have only eyes for yaaaa

can't live without yaaaaaa

jacketimp

JACKET_ HEAD said:
I know David, I know. :) Just seems to my ordered mind that Good wear needs a home of it's own now. You might say that so does ELC and BR. Especially as repro nylon is lumped in with 'real' nylon. Same with cloth. Posts on originals of any material are now the miority.

This forum has become more about repros than originals - certainly in terms of number of postes generated - maybe the boards should reflect this ??

I'm only chucking this into the forum to generate some discussion on the issue.

No doubt I'll cop it in the neck from the usual suspects :(

Peter: you have got everything right apart from the watch. You now need to divert some of the money you will be using to buy your 29th GW towards a good aviator watch of some description ;) I like the BR chinos BTW. I have 2 pairs and they are the nuts ! Worth every penny.

watch advice: a panerai or an IWC BIG pilot.....don't even dream of a RICHARD MILLE

jacketimp

better duck said:
Topic: This one can be it, if we all treat it like that; a separate board would maybe be better, but then we would have to have one for each of the repromakers, BR, ELC, ALC etc. For now I'll post a few of my pics of my two GW's in this thread.

this one IS it.... the DEBUT..........peter's pics to snowball the avalanche??

jacketimp

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Peter,
You are quite correct : A seperate BOARD is what I meant.

However, maybe teh previous GW threads could be moved there rather than getting everyone who has a GW posting previously published things again......................

Nice jacket by the way ;)

Dave

hey buddy........you got an issue? i know i need help.............help!

jacketimp

deeb7 said:
JACKET_ HEAD said:
Right, that caught your eyes didn't it ? !!:

Well it did, Dave .... not often you see it spelt correctly. :p

But you can see what's going to happen now .... yes, you've just started yet another one. :D

et tu??????

are you with us..........citizen?

jacketimp

better duck said:
My GW Aero 16160 size 46 in HH, brand new, just out of the box; waterdrops are from spraying with hot water as the start of the Hot Water Treatment, without any wringing done: Just in time I remembered that you guys want a view of the unspoilt jacket:

IMG_2787A.jpg

IMG_2792A.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

a repeat?.......i thought this has been posted before??

i remember peter apologing for the water percolations......

if not then i'm losing my mind as usual. :(

MikeyB-17

[quote="jacketimp]watch advice: a panerai or an IWC BIG pilot.....don't even dream of a RICHARD MILLE[/quote]

Or a Speedmaster! Or Rolex GMT.

kkochheiser

The Big Pilot will give trouble with the knits. Plus the crown wants to snag if you aren't careful. One reason I decided against it but it is a very cool watch.

Speedy works fine though.

Kent

A

Anonymous

Here's my GMT I from 1981 .....................

Rolex01.jpg

Yes Imp - this is a repeat post too :twisted:

I also have a CWC Divers auto on a NATO which I'm rather partial to as well as a Seiko 200m divers which is my expendable watch. I don't have a problem with knits with any of my watches.

jacketimp

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Here's my GMT I from 1981 .....................

[Yes Imp - this is a repeat post too :twisted:

I also have a CWC Divers auto on a NATO which I'm rather partial to as well as a Seiko 200m divers which is my expendable watch. I don't have a problem with knits with any of my watches.

as a child i love the black and white telly re-runs..........i still do.........just a sentimental ole fool..........re-run posts?! well.........

that aside i luv the rolex double red.............