• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Doniger 42

Falcon_52

I think that "The Few" are the only other manufacturer out there making a Doniger A-2 besides Good Wear. Could it be one of theirs?

Noel

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Falcon_52 said:
I think that "The Few" are the only other manufacturer out there making a Doniger A-2 besides Good Wear. Could it be one of theirs?

Noel

As Andrew says ... it's Good Wear.

The Few made one last season in buffalo hide ...

http://74.125.93.104/translate_c?hl=en& ... NJ04qBKVEA

But this one wears the GW pocket tag ...

pocket_tag.jpg

Roughwear

deeb7 said:
Falcon_52 said:

Noel

As Andrew says ... it's Good Wear.

The Few made one last season in buffalo hide ...

http://74.125.93.104/translate_c?hl=en& ... NJ04qBKVEA

But this one wears the GW pocket tag ...

pocket_tag.jpg

The Good Wear pocket tag is an exact copy of the original tags-indeed I have the same numbering on the one in the left pocket of my original, which was one of the original Donigers used by JC as a basis for his repros.

greyhound52

I believe the jacket belongs to a former or maybe still forum member from the UK. I think his name is Paul??? :roll: He got one of the first production Donigers from John.

Roughwear

greyhound52 said:
I believe the jacket belongs to a former or maybe still forum member from the UK. I think his name is Paul??? :roll: He got one of the first production Donigers from John.

Unless he has changed his Ebay user ID from "rarestonepaul" its likely to be someone else.

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
greyhound52 said:

Unless he has changed his Ebay user ID from "rarestonepaul" its likely to be someone else.

also seller is based in london.........

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
greyhound52 said:
I believe the jacket belongs to a former or maybe still forum member from the UK. I think his name is Paul??? He got one of the first production Donigers from John.

Not Paul, but it's difficult to remember now ........ Andy?

CBI said:
Looks nice - glad its NOT my size or it would be a BIN for me.

It is my size, I'm glad it's NOT The Few ...........

havocpaul

Hi guys, I'm back on the forum after a long illness and had to move again so my daughters can live with me and help me out whilst I try and recover.....it isn't my Doniger and when I saw it I contacted the seller and suggested he made it clearer that it was a repro and a GW at that, he replied and ammended the listing. My number 1 GW Doni remains with me!

joeson

deeb7 said:
greyhound52 said:
I believe the jacket belongs to a former or maybe still forum member from the UK. I think his name is Paul??? He got one of the first production Donigers from John.

Not Paul, but it's difficult to remember now ........ Andy?

The seller is not a forum member.I know him personally,he is a vintage collector of about 8 years standing.
For the record,he is an honest seller.

greyhound52

havocpaul said:
Hi guys, I'm back on the forum after a long illness and had to move again so my daughters can live with me and help me out whilst I try and recover.....it isn't my Doniger and when I saw it I contacted the seller and suggested he made it clearer that it was a repro and a GW at that, he replied and ammended the listing. My number 1 GW Doni remains with me!

Paul good to see you back hope all is well.... It still is a great jacket he has for sale.

havocpaul

Paul good to see you back hope all is well.... It still is a great jacket he has for sale.[/quote]

Thank you, taking it slow one day at a time; plenty to catch up with!

A

Anonymous

Paul,
Good to see you back. Your input has been missed buddy.

Keep well,

Dave