• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear AN-6552

"Did the AVG wear AN-6552's ? probably not."

You would be correct. The M-422's were private-purchased by the Chinese Govt. for the flyers to use. Some army pilots kept their A-2's.

Silver Dollar

Curahee said:
Silver Dollar said:
Wow!! I'd love to have one of those. That's perfect for an AVG repro.

Did the AVG wear AN-6552's ? probably not. The AVG I believe arrived in Kunming Cnina in 1938 ,and served between december 1941 and july 1942. In 1943 the AN-6552 first saw action and only for six months. So, unless I'm completely wrong about the dates it is impossible for original AVG members to have worn AN-6552's. They did however wear M-422/M-422A's.

09-08-0101820Medium20Web20view.jpg
09-08-0101920Medium20Web20view.jpg

Ahaaa! Thanks for straightening that out for me. If you hold the M422, the G-1 and the AN-6552 in front of me, I really couldn't tell which one was which. BTW, the AVG got to China in ' 41. Chennault was already there but the actual AVG members were recruited in 41. I got that from one of the retirees I used to see in the clinic. He came in one day with what looked like an application form. It was an AVG recruitment application. He wanted to go to China but because he was stationed at the time in Puerto Rico which was considered overseas, they wouldn't let him go. The application was signed by Skip Adair. I looked at that application and drooled. He woulnd't sell it though. I did however get his A2 jacket and a bunch of other stuff. He finally did wind up in Burma as a P51 pilot and one of the commanders of the Second Air Commandos. It was great talking to him and listening to all his stories.

A

Anonymous

Is the band on the back in the right location ? It looks a little low to my eye but as I've only owned late 60's thru 80's G-1s, I claim no great expertise.

What sort of money would an original cost compared to this fine looking repro ?

Dave

TankBuster

In good wearable condition, and a larger size, between $500-$800. I've seen them sell for more, and less. But, that would be a average range.

Steve27752

JACKET_ HEAD said:
Is the band on the back in the right location ? It looks a little low to my eye but as I've only owned late 60's thru 80's G-1s, I claim no great expertise.

What sort of money would an original cost compared to this fine looking repro ?

Dave

It's an original, it must be in the right place :lol: