• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear AN-6552

Curahee

Well here it is, the AN-6552 one of the ancestors of the famous G-1 "resurrected" in optima forma by the Leather Master John Chapman. The chocolate goatskin is supple and nicely grained and will develop great character after being broken in. What is really a nice touch is the lining and the original mouton which looks identical to the one on my Pritzker 55J14. John also copied the strange 2-piece construction of the lower inner part of the jacket which I believe (please step in John) is typical for the B & G AN-6552. Also the single ply waistband is such a detail that is typical for the B & G. John offered me the option of an origianl brass + blackened Talon but a Conmar would be more correct and I didn't want take the risk of having a 60 year old zipper breaking down. This my first repro NAVY jacket, but if feels and wears like one of my originals, truly a masterpiece.

Well I let the pics do the rest of the talking....

BG015.jpg

BG016.jpg

BG017.jpg

BG032.jpg

BG020.jpg

BG021.jpg

BG026.jpg

BG019.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r315 ... /BG024.jpg[/IMG]
BG029.jpg

BG022.jpg

BG023.jpg

better duck

Well, let a fellow Dutchman be the first to congratulate you on a terrific jacket. I have my eye on that one too, in a very far away future. Really great jacket, and I very much like the single ply waistband. Looking ever so good!

smoos

Very nice looking jacket. Is the "chocolate" goatskin a new color option by chance? On my monitor it looks definitely darker than than JC's russet, but lighter than his seal.

Curahee

Thanks guys, as for the "chocolate" colour I just couldn't find another word to describe it but here's another pic taken in the shade which may clear things up

BG011.jpg

MikeyB-17

That is as nice a Navy repro as I've seen. Ol' John doesn't half know his stuff. That is, I think you'll find, a double ply waistband-the 'rib-rack' style are the single ply ones.

Curahee

Your're right Mikey, it should read "folded over two ply waistband" and only Bogen & Tenenbaum used it on their AN-6552. The knits btw are top-notch best I've had so far on any repro jacket.

dujardin

hello Curahee,

everything is already said; i'm a little bit late on this... splendid jacket

enjoy wearing

byeeeeeee marcel

Color is great...

...That's the color of my old G-1. Usually, people expect a darker color brown...but I realy like the "chocolate" as you call it. The leather color and fit of your jacket pretty much match my jacket...however I do like your collar. The mouton on my old jacket is still deep dark brown. The honey color is so much nicer looking. Enjoy!

Curahee

Silver Dollar said:
Wow!! I'd love to have one of those. That's perfect for an AVG repro.

Did the AVG wear AN-6552's ? probably not. The AVG I believe arrived in Kunming Cnina in 1938 ,and served between december 1941 and july 1942. In 1943 the AN-6552 first saw action and only for six months. So, unless I'm completely wrong about the dates it is impossible for original AVG members to have worn AN-6552's. They did however wear M-422/M-422A's.

09-08-0101820Medium20Web20view.jpg
09-08-0101920Medium20Web20view.jpg