• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

good photossssssss

dujardin

just for the pleasure

1864502332_315ba29d9f-1.jpg

364thFGAboob.jpg

ShootYoureFaded.jpg

SweetSue.jpg

cole_jerry8thAF390thBG.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

oose

Hi
Great shots! here's a couple of Navy ones from VB-75 for you

ARM3 R.B.Smith USNR 1944-46 VB-75 gunner
ARM3RBSmithUSNR1944-46VB-75-1.jpg

2231953385_dc10a3b093-1.jpg

yours stu

Peter Graham

Great photos guys. A lot of people discount the D-1 but that one in the second photo looks pretty cool to me.

Jaydee

WOW that Nose Art is classic! First we have the subtle, reserved, Boob Man, next is "Shoot Your Faded" (Faded, I thought, was a recent slang for very intoxicated. But I don't shoot Craps so maybe it's a dice thing.) Bringing up the rear we have Sweet "Sweet Sue" in stark contrast to the first guy! NICE piece of a........rt there. Beautifully Seated atop the Army Air Forces shield. Gotta love it! :)
-Jay

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Jaydee said:
.... next is "Shoot Your Faded" (Faded, I thought, was a recent slang for very intoxicated. But I don't shoot Craps so maybe it's a dice thing.)

Shoot .. You're Faded.

But we have our fun. Our war cry is, ‘Heaven, Hell or Hoboken by Xmas!’ and when a big shell is coming the boys holler, ‘Shoot, you devils; you’re faded!’ I have not been shot as yet and don’t think I will be for some time. They haven’t even dented my hat. It is made of boiler plate, so no chance.

THE BOYS OF ILLINOISTOWN:
East St. Louis in "The War to End All Wars"
a play in one act by Thomas A. Pearson set in WW1.

oose

some more radom shots...

JigsFlight1951Big.jpg

and the late great Frank Tallman of Tallmantz Aviation... later jacket but with his original squadron patch

tallman1.jpg

yours stu

oose

thanks all

A couple of hellhawks VMF-213, looks like there off to Oz to pick up some girls! Can't see any other reason for the brill cream, shiny boots and jackets!

vmf213_insigjpeg.jpg

Surviv5.jpg

yours stu