• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good looking cheap B-15 copy

jeroen

You are absolutely right, thats a nice jacket. I think they were made somewhere late fourties to early fifties. Lots of makers, some even with very convincing tags in them ( although you can spot differences) and some even have an aaf or usaaf logo on the shoulder. In fact they are so convincing that one of them even found its way into maguires fantastic flight jacket book. Its described as an early b15 but in fact its a post war knock off.

The two most noticable hints in the design of virtually all these aftermarket jackets are:

-no off centre zipper
-2 pencil slots on sleeve in stead of one
(oh and off course a usaaf logo on the sleeve on a wartime jacket is a bit of a give away too.)

I dont know if any of these jackets actually found its way to an airforce cockpit but I suppose that during the korean war something like that might have happened

In any case they are very nice jackets which you can pick up now and then for very reasonable prices.

chrgod2

Cool jacket. I just love that Macho label.. :D

Not something I would wear though, but thats just personal taste.

185-6108-2-W.jpg