• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting Back To Our Roots .. USN 1966? Irvin B Foster Sportswear Size 48.

B-Man2

Lazy day here and not much happening, so I thought that it’s been a while since a “Getting Back” post was made, so here’s one for everyone’s review.
It’s a 1966 ( I think ) Irvin B. Foster Sportswear in a size 48.
IMG_3635.jpeg

The jacket is in very nice condition and the goat hide is the older thinner type. The collar is original Mouton that has faded to a nice rust color. The pockets corners are angle cut and the pocket flaps are cut straight across with no scalloping .
IMG_3640.jpeg

IMG_3637.jpeg
IMG_3636.jpeg

The knits are rib rack chocolate colored and upon close inspection look to be original to the jacket . The zipper is a paper clip style Conmar that is also original .
IMG_3639.jpeg

The wind flap has the perforated “USN” which it is horizontal as opposed to vertically perforated and is facing to the right as you wear the jacket .
IMG_3642.jpeg

The vents on the back of the jacket remain partially open as the elastic retention straps under the back liner have long since lost much of their elasticity.
IMG_3644.jpeg

I hope that you guys enjoyed this brief review. Also keep in mind that this jacket from the Viet Nam war era is now 58 years old. While they are still available, I would advise anyone interested in one of these vintage jackets to find a way to acquire one as the prices for them are going up constantly and they are being bought up and put into collections, and will not come out for years.
Ok .. that’s it for now .
Cheers

Last edited:

B-Man2

Another mint original vintage G-1.
They are out there. I would advise people to jump on them now while they can. A much better choice than a repro and it will go up in value in the coming years. Think of this as the 1970s and how little it took to buy an original A2 back in those days.

B-Man2

What a bunch of beauties!

I'm still looking for a "Black Label" G1 in size 48 in decent condition.

Anyone wanna part with one out of his collection let me know gentlemen.
Thomas
I have a couple of very nice “white label “ vintage G-1s that are available right now in size 48.

Capt

Great jackets in size's that would never make it to my end of the pond, so have to rely on quality repros which I hope will finally come to an end soon and end the eternal search. Thanks for sharing

Silver Surfer

Lazy day here and not much happening, so I thought that it’s been a while since a “Getting Back” post was made, so here’s one for everyone’s review.
It’s a 1966 ( I think ) Irvin B. Foster Sportswear in a size 48.
View attachment 152541
The jacket is in very nice condition and the goat hide is the older thinner type. The collar is original Mouton that has faded to a nice rust color. The pockets corners are angle cut and the pocket flaps are cut straight across with no scalloping .
View attachment 152543

View attachment 152545View attachment 152547
The knits are rib rack chocolate colored and upon close inspection look to be original to the jacket . The zipper is a paper clip style Conmar that is also original . View attachment 152549
The wind flap has the perforated “USN” which it is horizontal as opposed to vertically perforated and is facing to the right as you wear the jacket . View attachment 152551
The vents on the back of the jacket remain partially open as the elastic retention straps under the back liner have long since lost much of their elasticity.
View attachment 152553
I hope that you guys enjoyed this brief review. Also keep in mind that this jacket from the Viet Nam war era is now 58 years old. While they are still available, I would advise anyone interested in one of these vintage jackets to find a way to acquire one as the prices for them are going up constantly and they are being bought up and put into collections, and will not come out for years.
Ok .. that’s it for now .
Cheers
outstanding condition. spooky to realize nam was so long ago.