• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting Back to Our Roots…. The Aero 42-15142-P

B-Man2

Hey Guys
Posting another original for your review. As mentioned in previous posts, if you have a repro of this contract, you can compare the two and note the difference's. This is a depot re-dyed Aero 15142-P. The 1942 contract called for 50,000 jackets at a cost of $8.25 each. Once again the jacket is cowhide. I find it interesting that the numbers of cowhide jackets which were supposed to be horsehide by US Army Specs, and were slipped into the mix . This jacket has a Talon zipper. The knits look to have been replaced with light Carmel colored ones possibly done as part of the depot refurbishing. But I can’t say that with any surety. Thanks for looking .
IMG_2558.jpeg
IMG_2559.jpeg
IMG_2560.jpeg
IMG_2561.jpeg
IMG_2562.jpeg
IMG_2563.jpeg
IMG_2564.jpeg
IMG_2565.jpeg
IMG_2567.jpeg
IMG_2568.jpeg

B-Man2

Nice example of an original contract that I have a repro of Burt. Have you done any investigation of the pilots history? I wonder what the squadron patch was?
This is the same jacket that I posted about regarding the stitch pattern on the left chest. I’ve had great responses and if I can figure out what unit he was with, I have the original owners name tag on the jacket, so I might be able to find something out about him .