• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

German Jacket ID Help

frushez

Hi VLG,

Long time follower first time poster..

Found this jacket at a flea market last weekend. Had come across one similar on Etsy a long time ago and always loved it. Was amazed to find this one at a flea market by accident.

It's in pretty rough shape, but I quite like that. It has no labels, so I'm interested if anyone has any more details on it?

The closest one I've found online dates it to about 1940s and horse hide. It's missing the main pull tab if anyone knows what would've been there?

Has clearly seen some serious wear over the years by the fades. Hoping to tidy it up a bit more and give it some more life ahead. Does anyone have any tips for cleaning the liner?

TIA

R0005226.jpg

IMG_4207 copy.jpg
IMG_4212.jpeg

IMG_4208.jpeg

Attachments

• R0005232.jpg
    R0005232.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 64

frushez

Definitely not a mall jacket nor a 70s jacket.

It's a 50s or 60s Haelson. Good quality German motorcycle jacket. Here's one I owned.

View attachment 110097View attachment 110099View attachment 110101View attachment 110103View attachment 110105
Ahhhh having googled the brand more that's the one! Your one looks great too. I'm a big fan of the white piping on the zips. Must've been a signature move of theirs?

Have got some conditioner in the mail so hopefully I can have it looking half as supple as yours.