• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

genuine or not

sonya bottom

I recenty purchased a n avia kit jackt and would like to know if its genuine here is a picture
1692099242340.png

Attachments

• s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 103
  • s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 103

johnwayne

This name of this forum can be misleading but it’s predominantly for flight jacket enthusiasts albeit many moto jackets are shown here. Someone here may recognise that label but it looks original to the jacket but not sure your what you mean by genuine? It appears just to be an everyday leather jacket that could have been purchased anywhere and judging by the padded shoulders etc, suggests it’s a motorcycle jacket but certainly not a flight jacket despite the possible inference of the name on the label!

asiamiles

It appears just to be an everyday leather jacket that could have been purchased anywhere
But that's not the case, which is why the question is being asked.

On first glance it appears to be a genuine Super Phantom (I believe), though better higher resolution pics would help...the main zipper pull is missing but the sleeve zippers look complete, and they can be a useful identifier. The only concern might be the lack of leather logo badge.
Derek from Lewis Leathers is on Facebook so you could always try asking him...he's answered a couple of queries when I've asked in the past.

sonya bottom

But that's not the case, which is why the question is being asked.

On first glance it appears to be a genuine Super Phantom (I believe), though better higher resolution pics would help...the main zipper pull is missing but the sleeve zippers look complete, and they can be a useful identifier. The only concern might be the lack of leather logo badge.
Derek from Lewis Leathers is on Facebook so you could always try asking him...he's answered a couple of queries when I've asked in the past.
I emailed Lewis leathers and they have confirmed is a Super Phantom from the late 70s early 80s