• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

garrisson cap and field cap

dujardin

also received today

one garrisson cap USAAF and 3 field cap (2 of a model and another one)
PICT0005-3.jpg

one field cap is brand new with all labels present and fully readable
PICT0012-2.jpg

label say : caps field cotton O.D. with visor
by FUNK BROS . HAT&CAP
dated nov 9 1944
and also a stamp : A-2241 and another ALDINGER,F.B. 13352241

PICT0011-3.jpg

the 2 others have no more 'ears' and no more label, just stamped. but what is strange, other model but same marking ALDINGER and A-2241
PICT0013-2.jpg

AND WHAT IS FOR ME STRANGE IS THAT THE SAME STAM A-2241 IS ALSO IN THE GARRISSON CAP

byebyeeeeeeeeee marcel

watchmanjimg

F.B. Aldinger was the service member to whom the caps were issued, and A-2241 is his laundry mark consisting of the first letter of his surname followed by the last 4 digits of his service number. The version with ear flaps appears to be a fine example of the M-1943 field cap, which was issued in the latter part of WW2. Interestingly, many of these have a contract date of June 6, 1944.

Another good score for you!

dujardin

thank you very much for this excellent explanation
really helpful

many thanks

byeeeeeeee marcel

dujardin

Interestingly, many of these have a contract date of June 6, 1944.

i will write the label
---------------------------------------------
caps, filed, cotton
O.D. with visor
size 7 1/4
funk bros.hat&cap
company
P.O. N°. 5986
dated nov .9,1944
spec.P.Q.D.N°.381 B
stock N°. 73-C-16025
pattern dated 4/20/1944
phila. QM depot
------------------------------------------------

nothing to see with june6, 1944.............good to have something different and also great to have something named.

can someone help me finding information about this guy

ALDINGER,F.B. 13352241

many thankssss byebyeeeeee marcel

watchmanjimg

I tried to find information on this serviceman in the National Archives Database, but unfortunately nothing came up. Quite a few records are known to be missing from the site, and it only lists enlistment records from 1938-46. If Aldinger joined before or after this date, he would not be listed.