• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G1`s A2`s fit

1911A1US

It seems that of the 2 styles the G1 seems to look better on me than the A2,I can not explain it maybe it is my short torso?anyway I prefer the look of the G1 anyway..

442RCT

I like the G-1's biswing back for mobility and I like the inside map/navigation computer pocket, but I prefer the non-mouton collar of the A-2, many of the features incorporated into the AN-J-3, which I don't own. :mrgreen:

Weasel_Loader

It seems that the Navy was able to produce a much better jacket (M-422,G-1) than the Army since they had a much smaller number of pilots and aircrew to outfit. I might someday own a G-1 since they are so much more comfortable and functional but I just can't get over the Top Gun image that G-1s seems to have. :roll:

greyhound52

Here are my two a near mint Brier of Amsterdam 1960 and a mint 1969 Martin Lane. Both great fitting jackets. But I have more A2s.
front_view_flat-2.jpg

MartinLane1.jpg