• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G1 query

newagegeezer

Thanks again guys for such speedy response and such knowledge - I'm posting a better collar pic and a pic of a painted Bronco I have for comparison , they are both 2 and 3/4 long, the unlabeled seems to be slightly thicker leather

Attachments

• IMG_3246.JPG
    IMG_3246.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3247.JPG
    IMG_3247.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 143

newagegeezer

Thanks again guys for such speedy response and such knowledge - I'm posting a better collar pic and a pic of a painted Bronco I have for comparison , they are both 2 and 3/4 long, the unlabeled seems to be slightly thicker leather
I meant to add that yes - the seam is under the epaulet, the Bronco has it sightly behind

newagegeezer

I meant to add that yes - the seam is under the epaulet, the Bronco has it sightly behind
Things I've never noticed before although owning these for many years... United is a smooth leather, the Bronco is pebbled and I now see that although both have Crown zips they are different , the unlabeled United has a ball type stop and is shorter - the Bronco has what I think of as a standard type zip stop and goes to top of collar - does that mean anything or where there loads of types of Crown zips at the time ?

Attachments

• IMG_3251.JPG
    IMG_3251.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3250.JPG
    IMG_3250.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 157
Based on your photos I'd say the Bronco is possibly goatskin while the Sheeplined is most likely horse, maybe steerhide. With regard to the zipper stoppers I think the Sheeplined is an ad-hoc repair with whatever type of small metal fabrication was to hand.