• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G1 name patch

Matt R

Dear all,
Newbie here with a love of G1’s and a question please.
I wonder if the impressive knowledge base here may be able to suggest where an accurate custom reproduction brown leather/gold embossed name patch for the G1 can be sourced from? The decade of issue is less important than accuracy.
Thanks in advance.

Skyhawk

Plane Crazy is great for modern squadron patches and aircraft patches! I have bought a lot of patches from them.

Matt R

PlaneCrazyEnterprizes delivered the goods!
Very nice brown leather patch with only $4 shipping to the UK!! Best value hands down, thanks for the signpost!

Cocker

Guys, anyone knows about any EU friendly option for these? I'd go Mash, but I'm afraid I'll be hit pretty hard by customs.

Matt R

Fortunately the cost of the item didn’t get anywhere close to the customs threshold here so it wasn’t affected. Fingers crossed it’s the same for you.

Cocker

Fortunately the cost of the item didn’t get anywhere close to the customs threshold here so it wasn’t affected. Fingers crossed it’s the same for you.

Man, you are lucky... There's no threshold anymore, here! And on top of that, there's a minimal fee. So for example, yesterday I had to pay 25EUR for customs for a thing from UK that cost me a grand total of 16EUR including shipping... I'm livid.

Matt R

Ouch that’s a bit harsh!
I guess the only possible way around it would be if you had friends/family in the country of origin who may be able to send it to you as a ‘gift’? Unless the customs duty is applied regardless?