• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G1 jacket

Dandan

IMG_3655.png
Found this in a vintage shop for 500 cad. It seems to be a G1 jacket. The shop owner says it’s from the 50s or the 60s. It has “USN” punched on near the zipper. I want more information on it before I make the purchase. Was it a civilian piece or a navy piece? Is it actually from the 50s or is it a modern replica? Is it worth the 500 cad? I’m pretty new to leather jackets and would appreciate your help very much. Thanks

Erwin

Hey Dandan, $500.00 CAD is way too much for g1 like this one [looks like it requires replacing or fixing the waistband]. In case you are not in rush on the beloved EBay you would be able to find a way better g1, also a cheaper one.

MikeyB-17

Yeah looks like a 70’s Dynel collar, cowhide job. If it has the USN perforation then it’s a Navy jacket, but that’s a lot of money for one of those. If it was a 50’s/60’s goatskin one with a mouton collar, maybe, but although they’re decent, hard wearing jackets, that era of the G-1 is not regarded as the best.

FreddyF9

View attachment 143311Found this in a vintage shop for 500 cad. It seems to be a G1 jacket. The shop owner says it’s from the 50s or the 60s. It has “USN” punched on near the zipper. I want more information on it before I make the purchase. Was it a civilian piece or a navy piece? Is it actually from the 50s or is it a modern replica? Is it worth the 500 cad? I’m pretty new to leather jackets and would appreciate your help very much. Thanks
No way that G-1 is from the 50s. I agree with the other fellow members that already pointed out that this G-1 is probably from the 70s. In that case the price would be totally absurd.
The label could tell precisely from what era it is.

mulceber

Welcome aboard, Dandan. I agree with what's been said above. If it's from the '60s, it's 1969 at the earliest. More likely, it's from the '70s or even a bit later. It's a nice jacket and well-made, but not worth the asking price. You can find ones from that same period for about half that price on eBay.

Members online

Latest posts