• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G1 flight jackets

JonnyCrow

Hi guys are Irvin B foster or Ralph Edwards G1 worth getting? If so what would be a good price, the two look in good vintage condition, nice golden Mouton on both collars cheers

tda003

Can you be more specific. Both had numerous contracts to make G-1 jackets. Edwards from about 1951 thru 1984. Foster from around 1952 to about 1956. Or from MIL-J 7823 to Mil-J 7823E and MIL-J 7823A to MIL-J 7823C respectively.

JonnyCrow

I know I'm sorry forgive my ignorance, I was casting a net to catch a whale, this is the Ralph, worn label price was 150 Euro seller said sixties

JonnyCrow

s-l400 (2).jpg

Grant

The Irvin B Foster is the second of two contracts they had for the 7823B series dating from 1963. BTW, the goatskin looks in sorry condition with what looks like red rot on one sleeve and significant damage on the other.

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Hi guys are Irvin B foster or Ralph Edwards G1 worth getting? If so what would be a good price, the two look in good vintage condition, nice golden Mouton on both collars cheers
Both contracts are worth of getting and both contracts fit really good, but I would avoid getting any of those examples you posted. They both are in bad shape and the Ralph had a poor replacement job of knits. In my opinion, you will be buying a problem as soon as you open the box. Be patient and wait for a better option.

JonnyCrow

Both contracts are worth of getting and both contracts fit really good, but I would avoid getting any of those examples you posted. They both are in bad shape and the Ralph had a poor replacement job of knits. In my opinion, you will be buying a problem as soon as you open the box. Be patient and wait for a better option.
Oh I agree after looking at them

JonnyCrow

The Irvin B Foster is the second of two contracts they had for the 7823B series dating from 1963. BTW, the goatskin looks in sorry condition with what looks like red rot on one sleeve and significant damage on the other.
I saw the red rot Grant, cheers for the opinion, I've bought good stuff from the seller before, but now the price went up and the quality didn't