• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G-1 Jacket stained Leather Car Seat, Ideas how to Clean?

R7000

Gentlemen:

After about 500 miles of driving my car (with tan leather seats) while wearing a new G-1 I noticed my seat had some minor staining where the wrinkles in the seat are high. The stains seem to be a dark leather color, almost a dark red. I am suspecting that the stains came from this new G-1. I didn't have any stains last winter.

I tried leather cleaner and conditioner on the seats, but couldn't get any apparent results.

Does anyone have an idea as to how to remove a leather jacket stain from a leather seat?

Thanks
Tom

R7000

CBI:

Thanks for the tip on the alcohol. It made a huge improvement. I chased it with a shot of conditioner.

Regards
Tom

Tim P

If its all gone then good. spot cleaning with a tiny amount of acetone then re waxing/conditioning should get the last of it out. but with extreme caution.

ausreenactor

If there is any residual stain, try.......a baby wipe?? I have a leather interior in the Fairmont and there was a 6-8 inch section where
the underside of the child booster seat was slowly grinding in the dust and dirt of No.2 tacker's shoes. I tried our army leather cleaner, Redheads leather cleaner and any other low impact cleaner. Then Mrs grabbed a wipe and got it out with one wipe?? God knows what is in there, but it does get poop off!!

Couchy

Jaydee

ausreenactor said:
If there is any residual stain, try.......a baby wipe?? I have a leather interior in the Fairmont and there was a 6-8 inch section where
the underside of the child booster seat was slowly grinding in the dust and dirt of No.2 tacker's shoes. I tried our army leather cleaner, Redheads leather cleaner and any other low impact cleaner. Then Mrs grabbed a wipe and got it out with one wipe?? God knows what is in there, but it does get poop off!!

Couchy

Yes they certainly doo! I love the smell of naypoo in the morning! ;)