• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fulfilled my artwork thirst, for now...

DG567

I've been looking for something with artwork for a little while now, and finally was able to get something. Not much artwork, but it will have to do for now. On to the pictures:

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0629.jpg

DSC_0631.jpg

Looks like something was painted on the front chest above the patch but for some reason was scuffed away. Liner seems original and isn't in terrible shape. Cuffs are obvious replacements, but waistband is original. Zipper is in good shape, just missing the male starter. Overall I'm pleased with the purchase.

Regards

bombs away

Hello,

Congratulations, it's a nice jacket. Enjoy !
The patch is a beauty.

It looks like there a letters in red on the back, under the bombs, UED ?
Any name written in the lining ?

Tim

dmar836

Nice jacket. Those cuffs were sewn on over the remains of the originals - a good thingif you want to replace them.
Dave

Andrew

dujardin said:
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

lettering in red : JETS ????????????????????????????????,
Looks like it might be. Not very well written however.

DSC_0624.jpg

I really like the other artwork though. Looks great.

Dr H

Andrew said:
dujardin said:
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

lettering in red : JETS ????????????????????????????????,
Looks like it might be. Not very well written however.

DSC_0624.jpg

I really like the other artwork though. Looks great.

Any possibility that the 'Jets' might have been added much later...West Side Story?

JDAM

Almost definitely. Pretty common for vets kids to wear these jackets post war.I have seen several with football teams (New York Jets) or band names added. All part of their family history I suppose.