• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French brand Japa - any information?

cgreen

Hi All,

Does anyone here have any experience with or knowledge of the French brand, Japa? I ask because I've found a 1980s French pilot's jacket that the seller says is from Japa, but a google search has yielded no information on the brand.

Has anyone seen one of these? It's big and blouse-y, but kinda cool, and I like the blue-grey color. What are we looking at here? Your thoughts are appreciated, thank you very much.

By the way, I'm not sure about the crooked tag, don't know what that's all about.

CG

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 12.39.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 12.39.54 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 140
  • Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 12.40.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 12.40.35 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 12.40.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 12.40.51 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 132

Ritchy

JAPA is JAmie PAge,
The brand was very popular in the 80s by offering a value for money bucket hat.
I don't know what the price is but there are cheap originals "French air force" here in France.

Last edited:

cgreen

Thank you Ritchy, that's quite helpful. The seller is asking approximately $300 USD given today's exchange rate. Can you get them in France for less than that?

Pilot

If you like French air force jackets you'd be better off looking up Excetera on fleaBay (a UK based seller that has them turn up)
Fully agree if you’r looking for low cost/cheap… you will have very quickly and easily a great jacket collection :cool: .
BTW… no real issued legit complete PN AAF( Armée de l’ Air Française) leather jacket ever sold for below 400-500 or more Euro… ask about it here or from other experts…
… and bonne chance et courage…
EDIT: as a general remark… anyone who believes he is „the one“ who got „the golden nugget“ with an internet deal ( read bargain/steal ) with such a rare and wanted original legit jacket… and especially if listed as such by dealers and on crapola bay… must be „very new“ in all this…

Last edited:

CombatWombat

Fully agree if you’r looking for low cost/cheap… you will have very quickly and easily a great jacket collection :cool: .
BTW… no real issued legit complete PN AAF( Armée de l’ Air Française) leather jacket ever sold for below 400-500 or more Euro… ask about it here or from other experts…
… and bonne chance et courage…
EDIT: as a general remark… anyone who believes he is „the one“ who got „the golden nugget“ with an internet deal ( read bargain/steal ) with such a rare and wanted original legit jacket… and especially if listed as such by dealers and on crapola bay… must be „very new“ in all this…
Well considering that seller gets the genuine AAF jackets in........
I didn't say he had them cheaply though, just that he got them on a fairly regular basis ;)
I personally like his German Polizei offerings