• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free CWU-36/P (If You Pay Postage): Merry Christmas!

HackerF15E

I have a CWU-36/P that recently became excess to my needs, and rather than eBay it, send it off to the Salvation Army or thrift shop, or sell it at a garage sale, I figured I'd give it away to someone on VLJ for Christmas.

This is a '05 contract 36/P (the summer weight flight jacket) made by Valley Apparel LLC, size Large (42-44). It shows what I think is above average wear (meaning slightly below average condition) for a 5 year old jacket -- the outside corners of both pockets are torn, the seams on the arms up near the armpit are threadbare, and there's pilling of the shell on the right chest where it rubbed up against a parachute harness fitting a little too often. It's got well-used velcro sewn on the shoulders, and some holes on the shoulders where there used to be rank sewn on.

The good news? It's clean, doesn't smell, has good knits, velcro all works, zippers work, and is still just as warm and flame resistant as it was when it was made. It's not sun-faded and retains the nice somewhat shiny green appearance. Oh, and it's got a crapload of what they call 'character', all earned the hard way.

So, my proposition is this: post in this thread if you're interested in having the jacket. By posting that you're interested, you agree to pay shipping costs (probably a $11.00 flat-rate USPS priority container for American VLJ'ers but I haven't decided yet, something more if you're located outside the US).

Then, on New Years Day, I'll put all the names in a helmet and randomly draw one out...the winner provides me a shipping address, and the jacket is yours for just shipping costs (or if you have the urge to, you can pick it up in person for free).

ec9e674f.jpg

540b1a4a.jpg

6c1727db.jpg

1322322f.jpg

326f4188.jpg

76e28bfd.jpg

65d48bd1.jpg

2ad43143.jpg

bc470731.jpg

Holes on the pocket corners:
99e2076d.jpg

96b16cac.jpg

Sleeve inside seams:
87d7b60e.jpg

a5a22bf2.jpg

Liner, looking good:
c373e915.jpg

dc7432d1.jpg

Inspector's Stamp (?) inside waistband:
cbfdc1f8.jpg

Atticus

Cool idea! Thanks! I'm going to have to pass due to my size XL girth, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of interest from the mid-size guys here.

AF

arclight

Very nice gesture Hacker F15E. I applaud your effort and BTW, Thank You for your continued service to our great country!

arclight out

Willy McCoy

That is the coolest things I've seen posted in a long time! The 36/P's are an excellent jacket for three season wear and are very well tailored too. I hope it goes to a good home!

RudyN

That is a great idea and place my name in the hat. I will be happy to get it for shipping charges.

HackerF15E

Bump for Halfway to New Years!

Not nearly as many takers as I thought, but...hey, that just means better odds for those of you who've signed up!

HackerF15E

This afternoon my wife assisted me in randomly picking the recipient. Congrats to SuinBruin!!

It'll be in the post later this week!

HackerF15E

SuinBruin said:
2011 is already shaping up to be a banner year... thanks Hacker!

You're most welcome!

Hopefully I can scare up some other stuff to give away in the future, too.