• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox News Story about Recovered A-2 Jacket

Phantomfixer

Great story..but I must confess, if I found it for 17.00, I am not so sure I would return it..having said that, I am very glad the veteran received his jacket back!!! and glad it did not go to Japan or other ebay destination...Glad he was alive to see it returned too!....

dujardin

great story

it would be my pleasure to send something back to a vet

something similar happen some month ago
on a french forum, a guy try to trace an id'd piece of equipment
he found the vet still alive
he took contact
and send it back
now he is in privileged relationship with vet and family

great stories like that, mean something to us.
maybe a part of our collection spirit

ausreenactor

I love a story like this... Military man reunited with beloved jacket. Reminds me of my ELC Air Comfort... :( :( :(

Couchy

Stony

Great story and it would be hard to not sell it for a gross profit.

I have repatriated 2 A-2s back to the families or crew and it is a great feeling. Some people may remember the A-2 from the "Lady Satan" navigator I had that we took donations for and sent it to the pilot that flew with him who had his A-2 stolen during the war. Mike Moye drove down to Florida and took pictures of the pilot and co-pilot and I interviewed the two guys and wrote an article for "Fly Past". I believe I have that article somewhere and will scan and post it once I find it.

[quoteQuote:
WWII bomber jacket rescued...

Ugh.
WWII bomber jacket rescued...

Ugh. :roll:

][/quote]

I agree. It's like fingernails on a chalk board when I hear or see that term.

PaulGT3

Can you imagine the temperature of your skin, when you come home and find
out your wife gave away your jackets to the salvage man or the pawn shop or to the
thrift store????? I have never thought of leaving my wife in the 35 years we have
been together but that would be at the top of my list of reasons to!

cmk-2

My father's (WWll pilot) kit was given to the Boy Scouts by his mom while he was stationed overseas after WWll. That included his A-2, B-3 and A-4 flight suit. BTW that was without dad's permission.