• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Jorge

dinomartino1

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing collection and providing such fantastic eye candy for a sad old loser like me.
You non egoistical and personable way of presenting your collection is the complete opposite of what was I used to in in many years of being involved with buying and selling vintage clothing.

Last edited:

MaydayWei

Well said!
I, myself, take for granted that he is here to share such mint condition gems so very often.
The amount of time it takes to not only procure them but to take such high-quality pictures of all the little details us maniacs find important is worthy of admiration.
Thank you very much for the time and effort, for what little (save but a few nice words) we can give you in return for all your hard work. Cheers @Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Thank you very much guys!! Actually, it is a pleasure to share them with you. This forum was probably one of my first resources when I started collecting back in 2007, let's say that Facebook was basically inexistent and Instagram was not even a word in the dictionary. Now, it is really cool being able to share these findings and I hope they will be helpful for the future generation of collectors.

London Cabbie

Thank you very much guys!! Actually, it is a pleasure to share them with you. This forum was probably one of my first resources when I started collecting back in 2007, let's say that Facebook was basically inexistent and Instagram was not even a word in the dictionary. Now, it is really cool being able to share these findings and I hope they will be helpful for the future generation of collectors.
Jorge please do a book.

Kermit3D

For me as a novice, Jorge's posts are very instructive.
I remember being particularly amazed by this jacket, without a doubt one of the most incredible A-2 I've seen:

891483b0-2251-42bd-a906-643c4c13348c-jpeg.32096

I want a book too ! :p

warguy

I just want to chime in and say thank you Jorge, for all your posts and dedication to preserving history here on this forum. I joined a couple years ago when I started buying repro jackets, but really became active just a couple months ago. I have collected military antiques for 35 years now, and as much as I love the posts on the reproductions here on this forum, it is the threads on the real stuff that continues to inspire me to collect. Your posts rise to the top in my searches here and are always very entertaining to read! Nice photo above by the way, that is text book ready (hint). Kevin

Kermit3D

A book would be really great.
Just a thought ... there are real experts on this forum (I am of course absolutely not one of them), with valuable knowledge.

A "collaborative" book on aviator jackets from the 1930's to the 1970's-1980's (for example) by the members of the VLJ forum, would be a great adventure.

Of course, it's a huge work ... but I have in mind the excellent collaborative "articles" made previously by mulceber, Burt, Jorge, Jan, ...
It was fantastic to read and a high level of work.

Just a thought... :)

Edit:
I think that with the right organization, a forum could work very well to write a collaborative book.
If we take for example the way wikipedia works: everyone brings their piece to the building, everyone can proofread and correct, if necessary, any mistakes. It would be unprecedented (I think so) and I sincerely believe in it.

Last edited:

MaydayWei

I'm no expert. But I would genuinely be interested in partaking.
However, perhaps a full on 300 page encyclopaedic book may be too much.
Maybe start with a smaller booklet/magazine style format so its not biting off more than one can chew?