• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR ED CRABTREE IN OZ+ more info added

A

Anonymous

I made this one up for ww2 VET Ed Crabtree a friend of Leadskys . Andrew if you think this is ok I will send it on to you and you can mail it on to him that way you will get a look at it .Thanks Andrew

008-5.jpg

411.jpg

logo13.jpg

Andrew here is an original and my patch has features from both patches ,I used artisitic licence re the ears as I did not want to cut them off and the border is a copy from the first patch .The speed lines I used are from the original patch .Re the colors I should of gone a little darker on the tan on the rabbit and the nose needs to be lower and the white front needs to go down a liitle lower .Yes this was my first try.Any comments appreciated .

All the best Jeff

Andrew

Re: FOR ED CRABTREE IN OZ

That's a fantastic job Jeff, and there's a heck of a lot of work in it too. The only thing I could comment on would be it appears not to have the grey border ring as per the image, plus the ears of course- not that I think it detracts. Was it your first try at this?

Tell you what, how about I buy this one and you make him another and you send his to him direct- I reckon it'd be more significant coming from you- i'll cover the additional postage. I'll dig out his address and send it to you. He will be stoked- now all we need is to gather a group to chip in to buy him the A-2 he didn't get to keep. Maybe Mark could build one?

I'm only speculating but I would think there may be a few other orders from fellow restoration group members who may want one of these.

Andrew

Jeff, hold onto these for the moment- I hope to be going to Melbourne in a month or two and if so will call into the Museum- might be nice to give them to him. I'll keep you posted.

A

Anonymous

Here is set # 2 of the Crabtree patches .

045.jpg

038.jpg

043.jpg

All the best Jeff

A

Anonymous

The patch set has been completed all the stich holes painted in and the detailing finalized ,it was sent to Ed Crabtree in Australia .Ed is part of the restoration of the B24 and the last pilot to fly it should be with him next week .

All the best jeff .