• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flyers Jacket Type G-1 I. Spiewak & Sons

Mrzuno

A couple of days ago I bought this Type G-1 Vintage I. Spiewak & Sons, and I have a couple of questions for the experts on this forum.

The first one is:
Why are cardigans made green if they used to be brown?

The second one is:
Someone will know the year of this and if it is original or reproduction, it is goatskin and the collar is mouton genuine and also I wanna know when they started making these jackets with this honey collar color.

And the last one is:
If I decided to sell it, how much could I ask for it?

Thank you and I look forward to your answers.

Attachments

• 20240216_193555.jpg
    22.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240216_193751.jpg
    25.2 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240216_193818.jpg
    25.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 20240216_193922.jpg
    20240216_193922.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 56
  • 20240216_193937.jpg
    20240216_193937.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 59
  • 20240216_194020.jpg
    23.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20240216_194636.jpg
    24.5 MB · Views: 28

Boyo

It’s a reproduction, but looks decent quality. cant say if goat or cow. If it fits keep it and enjoy. If you flip it it’s probably about $200 On the high end.

B-Man2

“ Why are cardigans made green if they used to be brown?”
Sorry … but I’m totally missing the connection between this question and your other questions about the jacket .

Chandler

Anyone else think this is a civy G-1? That spec label is odd.

And yeah, I know the windflap is perfed with USN, but...

B-Man2

Anyone else think this is a civy G-1? That spec label is odd.

And yeah, I know the windflap is perfed with USN, but...
Hi Chandler
You’re spot on . It’s a civi G-1 jacket made by I. Spiewak and Sons .I had a post war A2 made by them a while back . Definitely not a military contract jacket in spite of the “USN”.

Mrzuno

“¿Por qué los cárdigans se hacen verdes si antes eran marrones?”
Lo siento... pero se me escapa por completa la conexión entre esta pregunta y las otras preguntas sobre la chaqueta.

Sí, mi pregunta fue, porque

“ Why are cardigans made green if they used to be brown?”
Sorry … but I’m totally missing the connection between this question and your other questions about the jacket .
Yes, it is another external question to the previous ones, what happens is that inside the cardigan is brown and on the outside I suppose the fibers oxidized by the passage of time but they are green and I would like to know if there is an explanation of why this happens.

B-Man2

Yes, it is another external question to the previous ones, what happens is that inside the cardigan is brown and on the outside I suppose the fibers oxidized by the passage of time but they are green and I would like to know if there is an explanation of why this happens.
Oxidation and fading by sun light

Thomas Koehle

Repop or civilian market but not an issued jacket ... - i own a BRILL which was meant for the civilian market and from the apperance materials as well as dimensions look 1by1 identical to the military issued ones in my collection ... - means your SPIEWAK can be a cool jacket anyway

FreddyF9

If you want to know if the collar is artificial mouton, you can try to cut a little bit of fur and burn it with a lighter or something. If it smells like burnt hairs is real. Otherwise, it will smell like plastic.
About the price: we don’t do jackets evaluations. If you want to know how much is worth, you have to search on the internet.