• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Flighter" End Of Production SALE!

DiamondDave

Just listed on eBay!

I have LOVED making these caps, but have decided to switch to a 'Once Per Anum' type of affair and offer yearly "Limited Edition" caps instead.
This will free up my time for the production of the Buco line of jackets that I am now producing. It has simply become too difficult to "re-tool"
the shop every time I switch from jacket to cap mode.

In that vein, stay tuned for the full launch of DiamondLeatherTogs.com

For those who have already purchased... THANK YOU. You may now have more of a limited
thing than you had at first realized, as I have only sold just over 300 of these in total!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290487794270&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Cheers,

DD

CBI

Great work Dave - I love the cap I bought from you (even though I have never had a place/opportunity to wear it in public!) :shock:

Grant

Any one else miss the AAC t-shirts Dave produced a few years back?
The two I bought a few years back have faded nicely and really look the part.
Wish I would of bought a couple more now that they aren't in production any more.

TankBuster

Grant said:
Any one else miss the AAC t-shirts Dave produced a few years back?
The two I bought a few years back have faded nicely and really look the part.
Wish I would of bought a couple more now that they aren't in production any more.

I agree! I bought 2 of the t-shirts and wear them both quite a bit. They were/are great! Hey Dave, how about one more run! ;)

dmar836

I'd like to see those too. So are you producing only the biker jackets right now? Saw no military items on the site.
Dave
KC, USA

ausreenactor

Dave...

I hold my Diamond Flighter in the highest regard and it has one of a select few display holes!!
As the Nun said to Vicar - "you filled a hole."

With your efforts you have exponentially improved the collections of three hundred earthlings..

Kudos Sir!

Couchy

DiamondDave

Dave,

Military items will be along in relatively short order. I am thinking of doing a SPOT ON reproduction of the Tanker
jacket first, and then perhaps an A-2 down the road. But since I know that my limited abilities cannot top JC, I am
shying away from the latter for now. Caps of course on diamondcapco.com are my only military item at the moment.

Couchy,

Love the "Nun to the Vickar" bit... that is brilliant! Just wish that their were more customers like you and it probably
would have gone MUCH better.

Good on ya gents,
DD

dmar836

Silly as it sounds, I have an image picked out for my "wearable" flying gear. My flight instructor, who is actually a physician, wears typical 30s attire - plaid knickers(knee pants to you Britts), bow tie, driving cap, etc. He wears this to shows, events, flying demo's, and often when just flying his '46 Cessna.
I want my look to revolve around my AAF collection. Where else could one wear a service cap and not look a little like they're trying too hard?
I have always been opposed to wearing my period gear though I know it is popular to do. My look into repros has therefore increased.
Since I am in the very early stages of training, and it's so slow going, it all may be a little too premature!
Dave

DiamondDave

Dave,

I'm sure that your instructor "cuts a rakish figure", though I'm with you, and cannot imagine doing it myself! I have a humble collection
of WWII items, nothing like yours of course (beautiful collection, btw) and have always been interested in having the whole 'shebang' as it were.
slowly it builds!

I would be glad to get your "repop" collection started in the right direction with a new "Flighter" by Diamond... I am certain that a few of the fellas on here will attest to my abilities with the genre. You have but to hit the BIN button on eBay. :)

O a side note, I am a Kansas City native as well, but now an ex-pat living in Tulsa OK. Although my family still lives in Overland Park, we grew up in the Westport and Brookside areas... good times, good times!

Ciao for now,
DD

dmar836

Dave,
Olathe, myself. I'll see how it goes. My otherwise tolerant wife might blow a gasket with the Werber purchase two days before our England trip all just over. We'll see how I can schmooze. Any chances there were ever backstraps on those?
The schmoozing begins. Just got Linda to pose during my introduction of the idea.
Here are some shots. Mine has had a backstrap since purchase about 12 yrs ago locally. It is clearly a newer than the front albeit old and beginning to crack itself. I cannot see any staining under the BS so wondering if I should remove it.
Ideas?
Dave
IMG_7027.jpg

IMG_7028.jpg

DiamondDave

Dave,

Great looking cap... and the ever lovely 'tolerant wife' as well!

No, these not sold or issued (yes Bancroft made issued 'Flighter' caps) with 'cavalry straps' but seem to always be an aftermarket
affectation, as far as my experience has taught me anyway. Although I have learned to NEVER
say never in regards to these great items as it will invariably be proven wrong.

Ciao for now,

DD

Andrew

siddhartha said:
can't believe I missed the shirts!
Me too. David waits for no man.

Perhaps if we all ask nicely he might relent?

Dave02, I'd say remove the strap. It looks too new and I have never seen a Flighter with one. I would have thought it would have gone against the lightweight ethos.

dmar836

I think I'll remove it. I'm just used to back straps being an indication of a "true" USAAF cap.
Now, back to Dave's thread!

Dave
KC, USA

better duck

Dave,
Sorry to hear you've stopped making those flighters. I am one of the lucky 300 I guess. And you stopping raises their status to "collectors item" too. Still wish I'd have ordered a pink one, next to my OD....
All the best with your new line of - undoubtedly - high quality jackets!