• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flight jackets and Hollywood

JOHNO

We can't leave out the idiot in "1941"! :D

1941-1979-17-g.jpg

MikeyB-17

I just recorded a film I'd never heard of, 'Bombers B-52', with Karl Marldon and Natalie Wood, off TCM. Not seen all of it yet, but so far I've seen a B-15C, some N-3's, a B-2 cap or two, and various footage of F-86's, B-47's and B-52's. Also some cool 50's cars and civilian jackets. Quite glad I recorded it.

Weasel_Loader

MikeyB-17 said:
I just recorded a film I'd never heard of, 'Bombers B-52', with Karl Marldon and Natalie Wood, off TCM. Not seen all of it yet, but so far I've seen a B-15C, some N-3's, a B-2 cap or two, and various footage of F-86's, B-47's and B-52's. Also some cool 50's cars and civilian jackets. Quite glad I recorded it.

Silly movie, but great for the equipment. Much of it was filled at a base I was once stationed at (Castle AFB). ;)

zoomer

Early 30s mystery pic

Metatron said:
What is this from please? Cool image.
I put the pic into the Drop Image feature in Google Images and it yielded the title The Sky Raiders. This was a 1931 film starring Lloyd Hughes and Marceline Day (presumably the couple shown).

The jacket looks like a Navy 37J1 with the high pockets.

316thTCG

Jimmy Stewart's A-2 has his character's name tag - "M. J. Payne," but that is his wartime unit's patch. Maybe he just swapped out the name tag for the film.

Jeff

Steve Canyon

e86buw.jpg

Richard Egan (above) in The Hunters (1958):

smppab.png

149zdch.png
svkqvt.jpg

2u5rjo0.png

Wearing a B-3 in a jet:

27y5nrm.jpg

2isgp5z.png

Cover-art by Francis Bergèse from the 80s: Buck Danny bundle volume 6: the famous villain Jane Hamilton aka Lady-X with a B-3 in a Hawker Hunter jet:

1z15uti.jpg

(jets on the background: North American F-100A, piloted by col. Buck Danny cs)

a2jacketpatches

In the first picture that may be just the pocket flap side under the heel of here hand by looking at the second picture, but that back panel sure is sticking out.

Steve Canyon

a2jacketpatches said:
In the first picture that may be just the pocket flap side under the heel of here hand by looking at the second picture, but that back panel sure is sticking out.
I just came across this pic: seems no be-swing backpanel:

dn0f38.png

Maybe miss Malone is causing the lift with her left hand.

PADDY_M

I've enjoyed this thread over the years :)

Shame many of the photos have disappeared now. Love the Bogart pics!!