• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fleet Air Arm irvin

jack31916

Hi all,

I'm curious how desirable a Fleet Air Arm Irvin is...

I have the opportunity to buy one for a reasonable price ( about 300 euro ) from the Internet and as far as I can see the jacket has no major issues except a small (repairable) cut in the left shoulder part. Original zipps are present, leather (a light russet colour) seems to be okay, a nice bright yellow hood and long fleece.

Seller estimates the jacket as a size medium and therefore it might be too small for me...

If so, do you think that I can sell the jacket on without too much trouble or will the price be an issue?

Your opinion(s) please.

Thanks and regards from Jack

Roughwear

Hi Jack,

Yellow hooded Irvins were usually issued to aircrew in Coastal Command. Fleet Air Arm aircrew generally had traditional Irvins, but not always. They are less desirable than conventional jackets because of the yellow hood and therefore usually fetch lower prices. 300 Euros is a fair price, but you are unlikely to make much profit on it if you sell it on.

jack31916

Thanks Andrew!

Your opinion is appreciated and your right (ofcourse :oops: ) about Coastal Command.

I'm a bit in doubt about the size for I usually wear a size 46 Eastman irvin.

No need for profits when I do purchase the jacket and it's way too small.

I will give it a second thought and thanks again.

Regards,

Jack

DG567

Post measurements I've been looking for a solid costal command recently! I would gladly take it if it doesn't fit you. Usually a 42/44 myself.

jack31916

The jacket is not mine yet but I've placed a bid and see what's happening next.

There's some more interest in the jacket in case it doesn't fit me.

If so I will put measurement and some pics on this forum.

Thanks and regards