• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

flak protection and damage

dujardin

5-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

27.jpg

3-2.jpg

31.jpg

1-3.jpg

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

rich

I read recently that the body armour prevented a lot of guys from bailing out, with all the extra weight the g's made them too heavy to even move. Makes me shudder.

better duck

Hi Marcel,
where do you find this stuff? absolutely great pictures, and reminding us that originally this was not about flight jackets, but about war, and whether you lived or died being decided by mere millimeters of chance ....

This inspires me to put a couple of quotes from a book I just finished reading on the forum: Dead Engine Kids, by John Welch / John Briol, both from the crew with that name from the 457th BG.
I'll make that another topic, one of the next few days (it being a holiday).

dujardin

better duck said:
Hi Marcel,
where do you find this stuff? absolutely great pictures, and reminding us that originally this was not about flight jackets, but about war, and whether you lived or died being decided by mere millimeters of chance ....

hello Peter,

i found those photos on the great site ''Footnote'' that Tankbuster presented some days ago.
again thanks to him.

byeeeeeeeeeee marcel

but take care, if you taste ''footnote'', and if you are as me; you will spend a LOT of time with your PC.