• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FLa or bust!

art of a2

I will be visiting the 'Sunshine state' later this month. Is there any good aviation related sights that may be worth visiting in this area?

interbak

US National Navy Museum of Flight in Pensacola, Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin Air Force Base in Fort Walton are a couple of good ones if you're in the Panhandle area.

Brian

art of a2

Thanks for that guys..I was in Florida some 15 years ago when I was married. I remember going to a 'Flying Tigers' museum or something like that. Is there also a 'Museum of Flight' as well..or was I somewhere else in the U.S.?

Stony

Is there also a 'Museum of Flight' as well..or was I somewhere else in the U.S.?

The Museum of Flight is in Seattle, about 3k miles from where you're going to be. :eek:

Hobbstc

leper-colony said:
http://www.fantasyofflight.com/

Yep, I was just there a couple of weeks ago. Kermit Weeks, the owner, flies one of his planes every day. That day he gave a demo of a Hellcat. Incredible to watch it fly.