• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStarLeather Vintage 1930's Classic Men Cafe Racer / Newbie looking for fit and sizing recommendations

horscht(i)

Hi guys,

on my quest for a new simple black leather jacket, I´ve come across FiveStarLeather and their Vintage 1930's Classic Men Cafe Racer.
And then I`ve come across this forum and hope you can help me in said quest.

My experience with leather jackets, especially made from leather that is not paper-thin, is virtually non existent.
Therefore, I hope to get some sizing / fitting recommendations from you guys, based on the attached pictures.

I do not really know, if my following comments on the fit are stemming from a real misfit or from the lack of break-in.
I´m quite acquainted with leather boots and dress shoes, but jackets are new.
So please go easy on me. :)

After consulting with the FiveStarLeather crew by email, we agreed to try this jacket in normal size L before goind for a customized fit.
The only customization is the leather, which is goatskin instead of the regular steer hide.

The overall impression and quality of the jacket is astonishing, so I really like to own a FiveStarLeather Jacket.

I am only wearing a T-Shirt underneath the jacket.
As you can see in the attached pictures we are not too far away from a proper fit in the front.
The shoulder and chest region feels quite snug and my first impression is to want 1-2cm wider shoulders and chest.
When I raise my arms to the side or to the front, the whole jacket lifts up on my body. There is also quite some resistance when I bring my arms up.
As said, no idea, if this comes from a lack of break-in or is a real measurement problem.

I feel, the arms could be a little wider, too.

My usual problem with leather jackets is my hollow back, which you can whitness in the side and back pictures.
There is way too much leather and the jacket does not drape nicely down my back.
That is actually my main concern.

Any idea what measure to adapt in order to get to a fitting jacket?
Thanks in adcanve for any input or recommendation, appreciated. If you want me to take aditional pictures, no problem.

Attachments

• Fit #4.jpg
    Fit #4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
  • Fit #5.jpg
    Fit #5.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
  • Fit back.jpg
    Fit back.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • Fit front.jpg
    Fit front.jpg