• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Rough Wear 23380

Got a FiveStar Rough Wear 23380 in pull up brown. I like it pretty good, but I’m sure ready for it to break in. Mighty stiff around the top half. I measured 42”-43” in the chest and ordered a 48 so I’d have a little more room. 28” in the back and 26 1/2 sleeves.
OD green thread, mid brown knits and cognac liner.

Pictured with a US wings Cape Buffalo and a Cockpit USA “Modern A2” in Seal brown just for color comparison. I know…I know… US Wings and Cockpit, but they’re all I have to compare to.

Attachments

• IMG_6177.jpeg
    IMG_6177.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_6182.jpeg
    IMG_6182.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_6181.jpeg
    IMG_6181.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_6180.jpeg
    IMG_6180.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_6178.jpeg
    IMG_6178.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 222

B-Man2

I can assure you that we’ve all been thru the same thing with new A2’s and other horsehide jackets as well. You’ve been offered a number of suggestions, so at this point review your options and pick one or try them all. The bottom line is you gotta put the time in and wear the piss out of it to get it to the point that the hide starts to break down and loosen up .

I just don’t get to wear it all that often. I know y’all say wear it, wear it, wear it. And I get it takes wear to break it in. I work for a railroad. Railroads are very time consuming and life-sucking endeavors, and I’m not planning on wearing a $400 jacket on a nasty locomotive. Plus it adds about 3 pound to all my gear.
So it’s a home worn piece of clothing when it’s cool enough, and in Georgia, those days are becoming few.