• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Latest Developments 2023

Shawn Ali

Shawn has been continuously improving his products since he first became part of this forum. I have one of his jackets and I’ve been very happy with it since the day that I acquired the jacket.
I can say without any reservation that if you order a jacket from 5 Star, you will have it at your doorstep in a timely manner. That’s more than can be said about some manufactures. While his jackets may not have achieved the level of accuracy as some tier one manufacturers jackets, give him some time and direction and he will improve his offerings continuously.
Just my opinion .
Thanks for Compliments and review :)
This means a lot to us

Best Regards

Thomas Koehle

FiveStar Leather Repro Type B-7 SPEC. NO. 3120 ORDER NO. 42-1000-P is finally ready, our team work hard to achieve
the best results, A Comparison image is attachedView attachment 119951

Best Regards

Shawn

Gentlemen - maybe an odd question: I want to pull the trigger on one of Shawn’s B7 coats but I’m not sure about the sizing.

As per my understanding and period pics it was worn over the standard uniforms - means if I regularly wear a 46 the coat should at least be in size 48 - right?

I never asked about sizing before but actually I’m a bit lost here …

Thanks in advance for any support

B-Man2

Gentlemen - maybe an odd question: I want to pull the trigger on one of Shawn’s B7 coats but I’m not sure about the sizing.

As per my understanding and period pics it was worn over the standard uniforms - means if I regularly wear a 46 the coat should at least be in size 48 - right?

I never asked about sizing before but actually I’m a bit lost here …

Thanks in advance for any support
Hi Thomas
I would agree with Jan . I think when fleece jackets are made , they make allowance for the thickness of the sheepskin . Therefore a 46 jacket should fit you .

pierregloom

6. FiveStar Leather Produced some fine Quality Gloves as well, some examples are mention below
View attachment 117913View attachment 117921View attachment 117919View attachment 117915
Has anyone on the forum bought Fivestar A10 gloves?
I need a new pair of gloves for this winter, and I really like the colour of the A10 "reddish brown" (and of course the price which is very attractive too!).
What's your feedback on this article? Any advice on sizing?

Thanks in advance to the experts who will be able to answer me!

;)

mulceber

No real sizing advice - they look good to me. I'd just measure your hand loosely and follow the instructions. Another option you might consider, since your collection so far, iirc, is Navy jackets, would be these:

Navy's equivalent of the A-10s. About €100, so more expensive than the Five Star ones, but MASH makes nice stuff.

pierregloom

No real sizing advice - they look good to me. I'd just measure your hand loosely and follow the instructions. Another option you might consider, since your collection so far, iirc, is Navy jackets, would be these:

Navy's equivalent of the A-10s. About €100, so more expensive than the Five Star ones, but MASH makes nice stuff.
Thank you very much! I had indeed started looking at these, but their price and the fact that I'm thinking of getting a Bronson B10 for the winter make me want to get USAAF gloves first rather than USN, as my M422-A is a bit thin for winter ;). So I'm investigating in that direction at the moment.

pierregloom

As for the measurements, I was wondering if there was any advice because when I measure my hand, I get a measurement of 23cm, so between size S (20-23cm) and size M (23-25cm). I don't want to end up with gloves that are too small or too big...

Thomas Koehle

Gents,

i had the opportunity to meet @Shawn Ali and his brother Arfan in Germany in person.

It was an absolute pleasure to talk to the guys about jackets - mil-stuff and opportunities for new products.

I found them very poliet and their hospitality was impressive.

Arfan on the left (on my right side) - Shawn on the right

TGHRBEr.jpg

mulceber

They’re actually an invented piece of kit (I think by Eastman?). The bag it's based on was a parachute bag with 2-3 times the volume of the fantasy bag, and they were made of canvas.

BUT - the repros are really great commuter bags or weekender bags. I have one as well. I’m glad Shawn’s offering them.:)

bag-parachute-aviator-s-an-6505-1-usaaf.jpg

Last edited:

AllianceAAF

Are we looking at the same bag here ?

I could be wrong, but I believe the slight difference is in the type of para harness straps used. The ATF version has the black "tics" on the webbing, as found on the harnesses themselves