• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star M-446 sheepskin trousers

ausreenactor

It’s a crazy world … I had a pair of mint original m446 pants and tried to sell them here and no one wanted them . They eventually sold on EBay for about $200.
I guess the new interest in the 5 Star ones puzzles me.
These would be durable and replaceable if you wanted to wear them to events.

Originals might have been to fragile?

Or Navy doesn't get the winter gear vibe.. all about the Pacific and chasing Zeros...??

Smithy

I nearly bought a pair of Irvin trousers a few years back but in the end thought better of it.

I can see the attraction but for practical on the ground purposes they are utterly useless. Unless you're reenacting they're pointless. If you want a pair of cold weather pants then shearling is about as hopeless as it gets because for outside wear you're bound to damage them if running around in the woods, and if it's raining/snowing the outer skin will soon get drenched and the inner sheepskin will start to absorb moisture and get heavier and wetter, and take an age to dry.

These were designed to be worn inside aircraft, and as such they're not useful for outdoor, cold weather wear.

If you're in a reenactment group though they'd make any bomber reenactment look the mutt's nuts.

ausreenactor

I nearly bought a pair of Irvin trousers a few years back but in the end thought better of it.

I can see the attraction but for practical on the ground purposes they are utterly useless. Unless you're reenacting they're pointless. If you want a pair of cold weather pants then shearling is about as hopeless as it gets because for outside wear you're bound to damage them if running around in the woods, and if it's raining/snowing the outer skin will soon get drenched and the inner sheepskin will start to absorb moisture and get heavier and wetter, and take an age to dry.

These were designed to be worn inside aircraft, and as such they're not useful for outdoor, cold weather wear.

If you're in a reenactment group though they'd make any bomber reenactment look the mutt's nuts.
Or one hell of a heavy mannequin...

JonnyCrow

Exactly Smithy, when I was reenacting the East Kirby RAF bomber group had them, other than that no practical use other than display

JonnyCrow

When I was doing Luftwaffe re-enacting in our KG55 group I had a original white shearling Romanian bomber suit with dark brown sheepskin lining, used by axis and luftwaffe crews on the e front, god was it warm haha