• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Leather Rough Wear 27752 on their FB page

ludospeed

NOPE checked on my jacket the seam is correctly done the 2 pieces are hold together by an adhesive tape to hold the parts of leather while stitching does not bother me we do that @the shop... like others do.

Hello mister,
Last year a friend bought an A-2 5* and looking at the leather of the flap I found strange the hardness of this part of the jacket after handling you can feel that it is glued. Maybe not all their production.

Ritchy

nope!

They use double sided adhesive tape to fix the parts for easier sewing but everything is sewed up correctly

I own one of those 5* RW as well

Sqq8k24.jpg
Nice jacket Thomas that fits you well. I think to buy one, What size did you take?

flyincowboy

Hello mister,
Last year a friend bought an A-2 5* and looking at the leather of the flap I found strange the hardness of this part of the jacket after handling you can feel that it is glued. Maybe not all their production.
Anyway if glued it's not BIG DEAL not really accurate but who cares! happened's sometimes when you couldnot do other.. like lack of adhesive tape for example. pas de quoi casser une patte à un canard!

Thomas Koehle

This Sunday I'm attending the Ciney Military fair here in Belgium. One of the biggest in EU, twice a year (FYI)
Fivestar is having their stuff displayed in one of the halls, Would love to see what that color looks like in real life.

I think CINEY actually is the biggest in EU as far as i know ...

Prices are "so so" ...

If you find some time get in touch with Shawn - if you let him know you're part of the forum he might give you an extra discount ... - if he is not participating ask for his brother ARFAN ... - and don't forget to take some money with you ...

qaBZmbp.jpg

Blackboxr1200S

I think CINEY actually is the biggest in EU as far as i know ...

Prices are "so so" ...

If you find some time get in touch with Shawn - if you let him know you're part of the forum he might give you an extra discount ... - if he is not participating ask for his brother ARFAN ... - and don't forget to take some money with you ...

qaBZmbp.jpg

Prices "so so"?? Ciney is expensive!
But, come early. Take your time, keep your eyes open and you can find some hidden gems and if your lucky for a reasonable price.

I met Shawn and his brother last fall edition. Friendly guys.
This spring he ain't going to make it. Ralf ( the-quartermaster.shop ) will present the 5* collection.

Thomas Koehle

Prices "so so"?? Ciney is expensive!
But, come early. Take your time, keep your eyes open and you can find some hidden gems and if your lucky for a reasonable price.

I met Shawn and his brother last fall edition. Friendly guys.
This spring he ain't going to make it. Ralf ( the-quartermaster.shop ) will present the 5* collection.

Prices are like in a pharmacie - people ask crazy prices for crappy sh...t and obviously get their stuff sold no matter how ridiculously much money they want for it ...

Yeah the 2 5* Brothers are really relaxed and very friendly

Juanito

.....and here is another Five Star RW from a customer photo: I ask you all, how is this NOT pretty much level competition with the high end folks? Great hide and details. Still a few things no doubt but again, the price difference is huge. Very impressed with the headway Shawn and crew have made/are making. Owner says its their Brandy HH which always looks way more red in other photos so maybe thats a thing/an issue but I think this jacket is $350 new plus shipping. That's amazing and you get it made for you in 2-3 weeks................. the cuff knits look a bit wonky and it looks like possibly one pocket flap is a bit larger than the other? But, based on this photo, I am asking why this would not be considered as good as any other RW repro/maker?

View attachment 146213
For the most part yes, but the collar is just not there and doesn't lay like a RW collar.

CBI

I think both jackets are a bit stiff at first, not sure I agree that it doesn't look like an RW collar ??????

Nickb123

Seeing those photos, must say I’m happy for Five Star’s success. I know these forums did a lot to springboard them to elevate their products. This forum undoubtedly has indirectly much to do with the A-2 pictured prominently at the show.

CBI

so here is a downside IMO, photo of the Brandy in direct sun. Way too red, so if they can do the same quality hide in a more accurate color - great however, I know a number of buyers have purchased and like this super red color: Not my jacket or photo.

433665907_3765658293669953_3779837810805495401_n.jpeg