• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star A2 and B3 questions/help

bigbacon

I am looking at getting 2 jackets from five star, A-2 and B-3

the A2s have a million choices and I'm not even sure where to start to determine which one I would want? I do some USAAF living history stuff. The B3 has less choices but I'm looking to have a mid war like 42/43 thing going since I already have a lot of the other winter flying gear.

the A2 is just more or less a universal coat for things. I guess brown leather I what I prefer.

Also what help can you give on sizing? I normally wear a 38 to 40 coat depending on manufacturer of the clothing but I assume upsizing a tiny bit would be correct? is there chart fairly accurate? Any thing else I should keep in mind that I probably don't know?

B-Man2

I am looking at getting 2 jackets from five star, A-2 and B-3

the A2s have a million choices and I'm not even sure where to start to determine which one I would want? I do some USAAF living history stuff. The B3 has less choices but I'm looking to have a mid war like 42/43 thing going since I already have a lot of the other winter flying gear.

the A2 is just more or less a universal coat for things. I guess brown leather I what I prefer.

Also what help can you give on sizing? I normally wear a 38 to 40 coat depending on manufacturer of the clothing but I assume upsizing a tiny bit would be correct? is there chart fairly accurate? Any thing else I should keep in mind that I probably don't know?
You might want to open up a line of communication with Shawn the owner of 5 Star Leather . Most who have found success in ordering the correct size jackets, have followed his instructions and sent their measurements to Shawn at the time of their purchase .

bigbacon

Will do! seems they are out of all B3s right now anyway :(

What about the WPG stuff? I have to assume 5Star is better but always curious. I have some stuff from WPG, but its basic clothing or gear and it seems decent enough but a 350 coat vs the 5star 400+ is not a huge deal but I want something quality that will last.

mulceber

Definitely wait for Five Star to re-stock on the B-3. What Shawn's offering is better than anything else you'll find at that price point.

Regarding the A-2, my only suggestion is stick to the contracts where Shawn was able to examine an original, as those will be the most accurate. At present those are:

Dubow 27798
Poughkeepsie
Star Sportswear
Rough Wear 27752