• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Filling stitch holes?

CBI

might be worth a shot. can you do a test somewhere else on the jacket in question or another piece of leather? I have had pretty good luck wetting an area with stitch holes and then working them closed with my fingers.

zoomer

I'm skeptical. A few years ago I tried a method some VLJer had reported good results with: Barge brand shoe cement. It didn't work - just rolled out of the holes like rubber cement.

I'm thinking nothing really works. Leather is resilient in good and bad ways. Once damage is done, the damage is resilient, too.

High Iron

I would try CBI's method then maybe try a very small amount of super glue, just a small drop per hole. This works well on wood but be cautious.

delta102uk

CBI said:
might be worth a shot. can you do a test somewhere else on the jacket in question or another piece of leather? I have had pretty good luck wetting an area with stitch holes and then working them closed with my fingers.

I wet the stitch holes and used a hammer to flatten the leather....the result was preety good!..the holes are barley visible now!...I think the fact that the jacket is a Lost Worlds Dubow may have helped as the leather so thick!

Sean K

zoomer

delta102uk said:
..the holes are barley visible now!..
istockphoto_6278111-handful-of-malted-barley.jpg

Those are still pretty big holes. :lol: