• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fatigue Jersey

johnwayne

Picked up what seems like a brand new Olive fatigue jersey size XL (not disimilar to the A1 Mechanics sweater on Eastmans site but had buttons down the neck panel) at Rokit in Londons Brick Lane yesterday - only £9.00 (thats about $15 I think)!!!
Anyone in London interested they got 2 others, a med and large, both same price.

Cheers
Wayne

Cobblers161

I fancy that been considering an A-1 form Eastman for a while, but a looky likee is just as good. What's the sizing like on yours across the chest?

johnwayne

If I'm honest they do look smaller than the size stated on labels - Im a 42 and tried on the large as well as the x large I went for, but the large did'nt feel as overly tight as I expected and was actually prob better in the arm length. Don't get me wrong - I've not seen an A1 sweater for real but as far as I know US military fatigue jerseys are pretty much a generic design and at £9 if you subsequently decided it wasnt for you, then youve not paid out much. Was tempted to buy all 3 and put on ebay or here!!! They are Olive coloured too, rather than the more mustard it apprears to be on Eastmans site.
If you do go they are literally on the 2nd rack on the left as you go in the shop, along with other 'woolens' - saw them originally last week.
Best of luck

Cheers
Wayne

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
johnwayne said:
If I'm honest they do look smaller than the size stated on labels ...

They sound like the ones that turned up at my local surplus store. I bought the last one, a Medium, which was tight fitting in the arms, and the body, but I thought that would work under an A-2.

At home, I found that the shawl collar wasn't compatable with the A-2, and it was acrylic, so likely to pill ... so I resold it.

A

Anonymous

I've just ordered one of these. I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

SweaterRef6.jpg

It'll go nice under my old leather biking jacket for riding out and about.

Dave

A

Anonymous

Well, I received the sweater yesterday. It's a really good quality and the different weaves looks great. It's of the old style thin , less fluffy and slightly coarser wool than you normally find these days and has a real vintage feel about it.

I've never seen an original and I've never personally seen photos of any WW2 aircrew wearing one so most people on here won't be interested in it but as an under-any-type-of-flying-jacket sweater it looks rather good. Being the thinner wool it means you can wear it under a normal sized jacket without too many problems.

10/10 from me for this !

Dave