• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Faked label on a G-1 ?

bjoy

The label on this eBay G-1 looks like to me that it came from another jacket and has been used in a poor attempt to deceive. The part of the original label that should show the size has been folded under with a separate size tag added.

http://cgi.ebay.com/60s-VINTAGE-USN-G-1 ... 2c559cd83f

4770565628_fa9f2f0361_m.jpg

johnwayne

See where your coming from - its not right but it looks to me as if the label is genuine but it's the size tag that's been added. Stitching around top of the label seems fine - could be an honest attempt to reflect the real/correct size - perhaps the real label is worn at the bottom!!
I've an original Dubow A2 with a worn label that has been 'part' added with a repro label to restore it/protect its authenticity and it doesn't bother me, I know the jacket is genuine. Ultimately if you want to buy the jacket only you can decide if the price is worth the nagging doubt in your mind!

Cheers
Wayne