• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fake Eastman A-2?

917_k

Hi Everyone,

I’ve got, what I thought, is an Eastman A-2 ‘house’ jacket that I’ve recently stuck on eBay to sell (it never gets worn, prefer a G-1) that someone has just pointed out has a typo on the label, saying Eastmam rather than Eastman. I’d genuinely never noticed this before, I guess because a) I’ve barely worn the thing and it’s just sat on a hanger for the last 12 months and b) the brain registers this correctly, and misses the subtle error.

C424361A-30A9-4BCB-BA83-106D1A818475.jpeg

I’ve fired off an email to ELC to see if they can shed any light on this, but I wondered if anyone had ever come across something like this before. Is it a fake Eastman, or just a printing error on the label? Faking an Eastman seems like a bit of a waste of time, given most repro A-2 makers would just opt for a wartime contract label with an historic manufacturer name.

Here’s the whole jacket and obviously the 324th BS patch isn’t amazing, but I figured someone had added that themselves, the bullion patch is nice though.

30F20CE5-A014-4EDA-877D-E9362C26DEE8.jpeg

And a few details:

7EA7A035-84B6-49D6-946E-C318F67FA3A8.jpeg

635A6471-43B0-44A3-B49A-70CAE3AC6974.jpeg

5F104141-C0F2-4EF4-9D24-1B8EBA745654.jpeg

86AA4870-2DE0-4C79-BEDA-8536E64DB45A.jpeg

F2E47FD5-7FE7-4247-A831-20C948486D3B.jpeg

Not trying to lean on the forum here and the expertise of its members to help me flog a jacket, just genuinely interested to know whether this is legit or not. Obviously if it turns out to be a dud I’ll bin my listing, as I certainly wouldn’t want to inadvertently screw some over.

Thanks

ausreenactor

917_k

Thanks so much for the help guys; have now had confirmation from ELC that it is indeed genuine and the misprint of N to M is down to an issue at the time with their looms “running off a little”. Interestingly it turns out it’s goatskin as well, rather than horse and apparently quite rare and early.

Have to say as well, it’s smells amazing! Haha. Slightly torn now on whether to sell it or not, sadly it just doesn’t get any wear and I’ve dropped a ton of money on other jackets lately, so I suppose needs must.

Chandler

Pretty nice looking jacket. I have a couple old friends who had those early jackets and they always liked them.

Have you linked your sale in the Buy/Sell forum?

Last edited:

917_k

I’ll put a post up in the buy & sell section. For some reason I thought I had to have 100 posts to post in there, but have now seen it’s actually 25 and anyway I’ve made a lot more than 100 posts.