• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Experimental test sample tag reproduction?

MauldinFan

Does anyone make the 50s/60s USAF experimental test sample tag?
I know some of the Asian jacket companies make their products with them attached, but does anyone just make the tags?
I did a lengthy online search but couldn't find one by itself..

MauldinFan

Thanks, I just checked that site and love the metal bomb tag (I have a couple of originals but they're in a gathering of stuff from a 91st BG co-pilot, and if course those aren't gonna get clipped to any repro jacket). I might need to get one or two of them.
You'd think that repro A2 tags and these experimental tags would sell on their own as there's no way I can be the only person who's wondered if they are made.
I have an original one of the experimental tags, bought at a show years ago before I even knew what era they were from but again, I wouldn't sew that to a repro...

Otter

I remember a thread from years past, maybe over on TFL, where they showed all the different labels Aero use and used in the past. Some were absolutely lovely.
Normally they are very reluctant to supply the label alone for the obvious reasons, but they might seeing as it is just the experimental one, I have it in 2 of their B 10's.

MauldinFan

I know there were a couple people who had rolls of the original tags, you used to be able to find them easily at shows in the 90s. I have an original but actually was looking to for a reproduction.
I would ask Steve Sellers. I know he has some.
Thanks, but how would I do that? I have no idea who that is.