• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever heard of paratrooper A-2?

jschare

Yes... Here is a pic of Richard Winters wearing an A-2 and another of Winters' character in Band of Brothers wearing one.

Rutger

Well, I do love this one : " DUE TO PROBLEMS, shipping to Comm-block COUNTRIES===like Russia/Czechoslovakia/Balkans/etc "

Roughwear

Yes I have. I own a patched Doniger from the 82nd Airborne. The Ebay jacket appear to be a privately purchased example.

a2jacketpatches

Officers were issued Leather Jackets, even the B-3. But this slam bang example is way off. I can't say for sure that the shoulder patch was never put on the breast but I'm about to bet my left one that it wasn't. And that name tag or whatever it is just aint right. I don't think any self respecting paratrooper would be caught dead in that rag.

buzzthetower

Administrator
The original jacket in the eBay sale is most likely an original 1940s civilian Aero A-2 jacket, one of their mail order models that we've seen the advertisements of. The label is identical to several that I've seen.

Here's an original Dubow, owned by a friend of mine:

dubow_wwii.jpg

dubow_wwii_today.jpg

J

foster

The 82nd did tend to wear the division patch on the chest, instead of the arm. Numerous wartime photographs can validate this.

foster

I should mention that within the 82nd, it was not only paratrooper officers that received A2 jackets, but also some officers of the 325th Glider Infantry Regiment as well.

ausreenactor

The 'Geronimo' book shows a few 82nd, 101st (including a Camo lined A-2; the best kind) and I think a 17th Airborne A-2?

Couchy

Stony

I had a patched 462nd PFAB 27798 Dubow last year with a killer 5" unit patch on the breast.

If you had some connections and were of high enough rank, you could get anything during the war even if it wasn't issue or regulation.

TankBuster

I used to own a original named 82nd Airborne patched A-2. Not being a airborne collector, I moved it on for pretty big money to a guy that specialized in 82nd material. Looking back though, I maybe should have kept it.

colekwok

Well, if you are talking about no so authentic but excellent repros, Custom King from Japan have a few.

CA2_3_M.JPG

CA2_2_M.JPG

CA2_OPB.JPG.jpeg

cka2_op13.jpg

GERO2.JPG.jpeg