• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Talon to a Crown

better duck

Yep, I did: I handed over my app. 13 year old ELC B3 at the Flying Legends Airshow at Duxford last July, and about 10 days later received it at my home adress in Holland, complete with the new Crown. It cost me 70 GBP, which is about 105 Euros, which I consider a lot of money. But: what the hell, it's a hobby and it was a replacement job well done. The zipper looks and works OK.

In the post about ELCs new "time worn" line, I saw their G1 still with a Talon repro, so they probably carry this brand.

Marv

Unfortunately I don't like the Crown zipper at all and much prefer the Talon so I won't be replacing any of mine any time soon.....

atkins

Marv said:
Unfortunately I don't like the Crown zipper at all and much prefer the Talon so I won't be replacing any of mine any time soon.....

Why Marv? What's wrong with Crown ? I never seen one in person, please educate.

Regards,
Atkins

Lee-AVG

Marv said:

I got the same feeling, Marv, i don't know why i also don't like Crown Zipper at all. Maybe we're the few guys who (only) like the Talon Zipper.

Curahee

At first I had the same feelings as posted above about the Crown, but now I have three jackets with them and
I like them a lot. Maybe they look a little more old fashioned than the Talon but they do the job just fine if not
better.