• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Pearl Harbor A2 hide question

Roughwear

The PH is clearly based on a RW. It is one of Eastmans best A2s. I was with Paul when he bought his PH at Duxford. It certainly looked like an original.

Mundele

smoos said:
Can we talk you into posting a photo of yours, Mundele?

Here's some quick snaps. Taken in full sun with some dappled shade from the bamboo canopy in my garden. This might not be the best light to appreciate the colour and texture.

l1000808edited1.jpg

l1000809.jpg

l1000810.jpg

l1000811.jpg

l1000812.jpg

l1000813edited1.jpg

Marv

Mundele said:
smoos said:
Can we talk you into posting a photo of yours, Mundele?

Here's some quick snaps. Taken in full sun with some dappled shade from the bamboo canopy in my garden. This might not be the best light to appreciate the colour and texture.

l1000808edited1.jpg

l1000809.jpg

l1000810.jpg

l1000811.jpg

l1000812.jpg

l1000813edited1.jpg

From the photos that is pretty much how my PH looks, it has a nice conker/walnut colour with reddish undertones showing through around the burnished areas.

When did you purchase your Mundele and does it have the Crown or Talon zipper, I got mine in November 2009 with the Crown zipper.
Yours definately has more grain that mine does at present and looks great.....if I get a chance I will try and post some more recent pics and the grain on mine definately seems to have improved over the last month or so.

Mundele

Marv said:
.. does it have the Crown or Talon zipper...

I have the Talon zipper. I acquired this a couple of years back. Not sure how long the previous owner had it.

By way of contrast: I much prefer this jacket - probably because it fits more trimly and is less cardboardy hide.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Marv

Nice, is that a RW 1401 or the PH havana, looks good......as for the fit of my PH A2, it's a size 46 but compared to my ELC Star A2 also a size 46, the PH has a trimmer fit and probably fits like a 44/46 or somewhere in between so not sure if ELC amended the cut at some point between the manufacture of yours and the manufacture of mine.
Anyway, I think, as Andrew mentioned previously, it's one of ELC's best jackets and a good all round wearer with a authentic looking timeworn finish. :)