• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

ELC Monarch

Micawber

Some might remember I recently purchased this jacket from Dom Sale post etc After it arrived I replaced the cuffs and waistband with ones that were an excellent match with some I had earlier from Larry on ebay

It fits my middle-age figure well so as the weather was cool i made it my go to daily wearer when jobbing about outside. I soon found out that the finish picked up scratches and scuffs really easily - rather too easily. It soon became clear that my kind of wear going to present something of a problem for this jacket ....so I decided to refinish with a harder wearing pre aged finish....

IMG_20190526_103701772.jpg

Last edited:

Micawber

Nice work. :)
I suppose the grain must have been there to be bought out by your process. Earlier ELC had zero grain. No matter what you did !
Aye, the grain was there but hidden somewhat by the finish, I raised it here and there to give it some character, with the original finish thinned or removed it's relatively easy to get it damped down and worked on. I don't think the jacket is that early......