• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Irvin 1940 sizing

Dodgy

Hi,

I have a friend coming back from Norway, via London and I can ship them an ELC Irvin to bring back to NZ. I have dismissed the 'The Few' option as it is almost three times the price of the ELC!!

I am a 44 in both the The Few B3 and RM A2 - Am I safe to assume that I will also be a 44 in the ELC Irvin?

cheers

Simon

John Lever

I have a Few B-2 in a 44 and an ELC Irvin in a 44. They are both very similar in sizing.
Regardless of cost, the Eastman is the one to go for.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Dodgy said:
I am a 44 in both the The Few B3 and RM A2 - Am I safe to assume that I will also be a 44 in the ELC Irvin?

Simon, I wear size 42 in RM A-2's, and my BR B-3 is a 40 ..... I would say 42 for you, with the ELC Irvin.

BONNIEGIRL4

You should go up a size on the ELC 1940 Irvin, that was Charles of HPA's advice to me, and he was right on the money - TOM .............This is based on an A-2 from ELC.

Dodgy

Oh, I am confused now... :?

I think that when I purchased the RMs that Paddy reckoned their sizing was to generally go up one size from your normal one. That worked for me as I am normally a 42...

John thinks that the sizings are similar, I think that deeb7 is suggesting that I go down a size to 42? And Bonniegirl4 says to go up a size?

eeekkkk! It is a bugger that I have only one chance with this

I was thinking a 42 and hoping that as the Irvin is meant to have a battle dress and jersey underneath, it is sized to accomodate a jersey and such like underneath rather than just a shirt?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Dodgy said:
.... I think that deeb7 is suggesting that I go down a size to 42?

Simon, I thought that your normal size was a 42, so I'm saying, buy that size, not go up a size as Paddy suggested for your RM jacket.

However .... if you want to layer, then go for the 44, but even your RM doesn't exactly look snug on you.

Dodgy

Ah, that is what I am thinking too - a 42 as per my normal sizing.

Yes, the B3 is not exactly snug :D a bit of room to layer underneath!