• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC G-1 Fit

269sqnhudson

I'm looking at a G-1 from ELC, what's the fit like compared to their A-2s? I have a new 44 Star A-2 that's a good fit and a Roughwear in a 46, also a good fit and a different shape than the Star. I figured on a G-1 in a 46 guessing that the Navy jackets are quite trim. Does this sound right?
Thanks
Tom

blethook

You shouldn't have to upsize...

Yes, it will be trim around the body (torso area) as such you won't see a lot of "excess" leather around the body (especially in the back, like you would with the A-2s).

The right size will depend on your body shape as well: If your stomach is larger than your waist then likely you'll need to size up.

I wear size 40 ELC A-2s (roughwear 1401, Werber), and also size 40 for the G-1.

The ELC G-1 sizing/cut is a bit generous when compared to the original G-1s, particularly the arms.

Hope that helps.

Marv

I have an ELC Star A2 size 46 and an ELC G1 size 46, the A2 is definately more roomer than the G1 just about everywhere......the G1 is a trim fit so as mentioned in a previous post it will depend on your body size.
If your Star is a trim fit for your size then you will probably need to go up a size in the G1......hope that helps.

better duck

Definitely take a 44. I have a both the ELC G1 in 44, the ELC M422A in 44, the ELC Star in 46, the ELC 1401P in 46, and the all fit me as they should on my frame. I'm 6'1", weighing some 190 pounds. If their Star fits you in 44 (I can get into it, but can't move anymore), then a ELC G1 in 46 will be way too big for you.
Here's a link to my Photobucket account, where you can see the fit of my jackets.
http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k264/BetterDuck/
Hope this helps.