• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC fit

marco77

I was wobdering wich Elc A-2 model is trimmer expect the slender one...
RW 27752, I have a doubt...
Pearl Harbor , reputation to be baggy...
Monarch and Star, I don't know ...

Any owner can share fit experience with ELC ?

Thanks so much

Marco

269sqnhudson

The Pearl Harbor's reputation for being baggy is 10 years old. They're not at all. Like the Roughwears it is boxy in cut, trim and sort of square. The Star and Monarch are more tapered to the waist and not at all baggy, more of a suit-like cut (again the older jackets of all types were bigger but not anymore)

Stef

the werber is the trimmer. The monarch is a trim pattern, but ELC Monarch repro is not.

cheers

Clark J

I have a 1401 & a Monarch in sz 46,,the Monarch fits as a lg 46,,trim 48,,the 1401 fits as a true 46.

jpholla10

I have a RW 27752 from ELC and it fits as you would expect from a Rough Wear contract. Boxy and short with little to no body taper. The sleeves on the 27752 are very roomy and therefore, it's a really comfortable contract to wear. However, if you're looking for a trimmed tailored look, the RW 27752 probably isn't for you. I feel that the 27752 best emulates the war time fit in the majority of pictures I've seen. This is probably because RW produced by far the most jackets.

zoomer

My thoughts on my ELC A-2s. (Please note: all came to me secondhand, so who knows what happened in the building or wearing of each.)

I've owned 3 Rough Wear 1401s (hey, I happen to like this design). Two were tagged 44, one 46.
One 44 fit very trimly thru the waist. The other fit like a 46 or maybe even a trim 48!
The 46 was right in the chest and waist, but wasn't any longer in the sleeves and body than the 44. Even the neck measure was the same. It fit me like a liquor jug. :)

I've owned 2 Werber 1729s, both tagged 44. One was more of a 42, and noticeably narrower thru the shoulders.

I have a Pearl 44 that's obviously one of the trim ones. Until I started blowing up a beach ball inside it, it was not happy being layered under.

I can only assume that part of your custom fit is what size tag you want sewn in!

Persimmon

marco77 said:
I was wobdering wich Elc A-2 model is trimmer expect the slender one...
RW 27752, I have a doubt...
Pearl Harbor , reputation to be baggy...
Monarch and Star, I don't know ...

Any owner can share fit experience with ELC ?

Thanks so much

Marco

The ELC Werber is the trimmest normal A2.
I bought one and its a superb looking jacket.
Check with Rob and the team whether to go size 38" or 40" for you.

Roughwear

Having owned all the original maker jackets at one time or another the 1933 Werber is certainly the trimmest jacket currently made and IMO one of ELC's very best.

PaulGT3

Then we have a quorum, We shall now vote. (I was on a parliamentary procedure team once in high school, SERIOUSLY we got 4th in STATE!!!)

Rutger

I tried several with the agent of ELC in the Netherlands, the Werber I liked best for its trimmer fit around the body and for the tapered arms. One thing I dislike about it is the presence of the collarstand, which pushes the collar upwards. I found my Dubow repro without collarstand a relief in that aspect, and that has since become quite an important (but not decisive) factor to me.
Isn't one of the Dubow contracts boxier and with slightly tapered arms? I don't know if ELC does a Dubow.
ELC are helpful and if you don't like the fit you can return the jacket, shipping to and fro is at the customer naturally.
Call them, email can somewhat of a hit and miss in my (and others') experience.