• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC B-10, new arrival

dav3469

So I have been out of the country for a week, and when I returned home last night my B-10 was waiting for me.

I am very pleased with the jacket, and thought I would share some initial pictures and thoughts.

I was very impressed with the quality of the jacket, as well as the quality of the packaging and details of the order.

The fit is perfect. I am a big guy, and wear a 48 or 50 suit jacket. Due to the "slender fit" of most flight jackets I have to go with the larger size. I was worried that the fit would be an issue, but Eastman got it just right.

The Eastman is a bit pricier, but the exchange rate helped to dull the pain of the price, plus I can actually GET my size vs. BR.

Having said that, if I was going to use this jacket for "dirty work" I would have gone with a less expensive jacket.

The jacket is put together well, but I have never had any alpaca jackets prior to this, so I was very surprised just how "scratchy and itchy" the alpaca lining can be.

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

Clark J

What are you going to need that for.....you live in L.A.????That puppy will keep you warm in the middle of a Minnesota winter!!

Peter Graham

I've heard great things about Eastmans B-10. If I were in the market for one it's the one I would go for. I've got several alpaca lined jackets including a B-10 and I've never had a problem with itchiness. The alpaca is really soft. Perhaps the alpaca will calm down with wear or maybe you've got very sensitive skin. Enjoy your jacket.

dav3469

Clark J said:
What are you going to need that for.....you live in L.A.????That puppy will keep you warm in the middle of a Minnesota winter!!

Believe it or not, but here on the north end of LA County where I live, we actually get down to a genuine 32 degrees in the winter. Warms back up in the afternoon, but it can be very cool here. But of course not the same as back in the midwest.....

dav3469

Peter Graham said:
The alpaca is really soft. Perhaps the alpaca will calm down with wear or maybe you've got very sensitive skin. Enjoy your jacket.

Yeah, I do get the sensitive skin thing going with some fabrics.... But with a long sleeve shirt it won't be an issue. It is soft however!

Weasel_Loader

Awesome jacket. I hope to also get one of those someday. I'd be swell out here in the high desert around Edwards AFB in the winter. :)

bazelot

The alpaca in my B-15 is also really itchy. I am getting used to it but it is definitely more comfortable with long sleeves.