• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

ELC and Original RW 27752 collar

Grant

Thought it'd be interesting to compare an original Rough Wear and Eastman reproduction Rough Wear 27752 collars for comparison. Granted the original is a re-dyed sz 44 and the repro a sz 42 and the collars don't exactly lay the same way, but you get a general idea how they compare.

RWCollar.jpg

ERWCollar2.jpg

RWOCollar.jpg

taikonaut

I have an original size 38 RW and an ELC size 40 RW. The original tapers slightly wider towards the wrists so I guess a size 40 would be even more wider.
The ELC arms look similar to original Perry Sportswear. Why doesn't ELC make a Perry as I think their current style looks closer to Perry?

Brettafett

To be fair to myself, I did try to change my BK to a RW23380 last minute, cause it was taking so long, but happens that the Dubow was cut... what ye gonna do... Look out for a massive Dubow showdown. Coming soon! hahah

Officer Dibley

If you're insane Grant, then so am I, maybe more so... In a few weeks I'll have three 27798 Dubow repros... (one BK and two of Platon's).
If you have 3 identical jackets, then yes, you are insane ! But why ? Are they different enough that i could spot the difference ?

I get maybe a seal and a russet in goat and horse but more than 4 repros ......... if you look at the depreciation over 3 jackets, is that not a significant sum ( for us mortals...)
Dave

Brettafett

Well, I liked my seal Dubow from Platon so much, I decided to get the russet. For the price, you can two of these for less than an ELC house jacket. Crazy!
I had ordered a BK Dubow last year Sept... its been taking forever and I elected not to get worked up about it. After the above Dubow, I asked if I could change the order to another contract and was again put on hold, and was recently told the patterns had been cut already, thusly... another Dubow.
Will I keep all of them? Will I paint or patch up one? Lets see... I can tell you that I am very curious to compare them.

Flightengineer

Thought it'd be interesting to compare an original Rough Wear and Eastman reproduction Rough Wear 27752 collars for comparison. Granted the original is a re-dyed sz 44 and the repro a sz 42 and the collars don't exactly lay the same way, but you get a general idea how they compare.

View attachment 19951

View attachment 19952

View attachment 19953
Thank you, very informative.
I wonder how it turned out that Eastman made a completely different collar.

Pilot

My ex-ELC -RW27752.
Not bad except the cuffs-knits ( lousy) and the ELC marked ( instead of United Carr) press studs.
Super nice Workhorse HH , grainy and very light to wear....& all others perfect IMHO.

Officer Dibley

Well, I liked my seal Dubow from Platon so much, I decided to get the russet. For the price, you can two of these for less than an ELC house jacket. Crazy!
I had ordered a BK Dubow last year Sept... its been taking forever and I elected not to get worked up about it. After the above Dubow, I asked if I could change the order to another contract and was again put on hold, and was recently told the patterns had been cut already, thusly... another Dubow.
Will I keep all of them? Will I paint or patch up one? Lets see... I can tell you that I am very curious to compare them.
I think that statement proves you are saner than most ! ;)
S’cuse my curiosity but i had to ask
Dave

Officer Dibley

My ex-ELC -RW27752.
Not bad except the cuffs-knits ( lousy) and the ELC marked ( instead of United Carr) press studs.
Super nice Workhorse HH , grainy and very light to wear....& all others perfect IMHO.
That would be a nice No.3 for me !!